Home » Support » 3D Printing » Which material to use for a dice?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Which material to use for a dice? [message #58366] Tue, 11 December 2012 01:56 UTC Go to next message
avatar Shef_  is currently offline Shef_
Go to my shop
Hi, I want to create a 36 sided dice. Is full color sandstone strong enough for repeated use or should I go with a different material and compromise the color? Tell me what you think.
Re: Which material to use for a dice? [message #58368 is a reply to message #58366 ] Tue, 11 December 2012 02:17 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Fredd  is currently offline Fredd
Go to all my models
What use would a 36 faced dice be used for, is forefront on my mind?

Have any questions regarding Blender, and need fast answers, you are always welcome at the IRC Server Freenode, channel #blender. As a bonus, several there have experience in modelling for 3D prints.

Keith
Re: Which material to use for a dice? [message #58374 is a reply to message #58368 ] Tue, 11 December 2012 03:07 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stannum  is currently offline stannum
Go to my shop
2D6
Re: Which material to use for a dice? [message #58376 is a reply to message #58368 ] Tue, 11 December 2012 04:19 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Shef_  is currently offline Shef_
Go to my shop
Oh it's the way my teacher picks students to go to the board. Right niw he's improvising using two dice. I want to get him a 36 sided one for a chrismas oresent.there are 36 seats in the class btw.

Replying from my phone so please forgive the typos.
Re: Which material to use for a dice? [message #58411 is a reply to message #58366 ] Tue, 11 December 2012 16:51 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Fredd  is currently offline Fredd
Go to all my models
Colored sandstone might not bedurable enough if he actually used it too often. But as a keepsake fine.

Keith

Have any questions regarding Blender, and need fast answers, you are always welcome at the IRC Server Freenode, channel #blender. As a bonus, several there have experience in modelling for 3D prints.

Keith

Previous Topic:3D printing with amorphous ("glass-like") metal as the end result
Next Topic:3d print with texture

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.