Home » Support » 3D Printing » 'White strong & flexible' vs 'White strong & flexible polished'
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
'White strong & flexible' vs 'White strong & flexible polished' [message #58283] Sun, 09 December 2012 17:54 UTC Go to next message
avatar siccoyote  is currently offline siccoyote
Go to my shop
I am making a model where the size of some parts of it is vital to the nearest mm.

I have bought a sandstone version and a White strong & Flexible version.

I noticed the sandstone one seems to be slightly larger than the WSF version.

Would a WSF Polished version be slightly smaller still?
Re: 'White strong & flexible' vs 'White strong & flexible polished' [message #58287 is a reply to message #58283 ] Sun, 09 December 2012 20:56 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
How long is a piece of string?

Shapeways materials do have a certain amount of tolerance. If your model measurements are outside the tolerance for the material contact Shapeways Customer Services, service@shapeways.com, who'll be able to help you out.

The difference between WSF & polished WSF is the ceramic beads that do the polishing. The beads will only reach the places they'll reach and the places they reach end up so lovely & smooth, however that's probably not helpful to you just now.

FUD works to the nearest 0.033mm from my experience.

Paul

Previous Topic:Sorry, we were unable to process your uploaded model .....
Next Topic:Is shapesway charging for empty space?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.