Revised model 2 days after order...

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by UsefulIdiotDesign, Dec 8, 2012.

1. I've ordered 2 prototypes for some testing but realized two days after purchase that I forgot to add one detail to both of the models... so here's some questions:

1. Is there a way to notify someone that my files I ordered were revised?

2. Is it too late once I've ordered the first version?

3. How long does it take the models to get to the printer on average, from time of order?

4. Do the printers automatically check for revised models before production?

5. Do the models that are there get sent to the printers at the instant of purchase?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm not trying to be nosy here either. It's just that I really don't need the first versions, only the current revisions and I am curious if there is a way to notify you guys of the change and maybe get the current ones printed for me.

Thanks ahead of time! I am like a kid checking the mailbox everyday to see if my previous concept parts for another project came in yet... the anticipation is keeping me up at night! :)

Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
  2. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    When you order a model, a copy of the file is saved with the order, so this is what eventually gets
    checked and printed. Email service with the order number to cancel your current order, and then
    resubmit it with the fixed models.
    (You will receive an email telling you that "your models are enroute to the 3d printers" when your files
    have passed manual checking and are queued for printing - this is usually one or two days after receipt
    of payment. Service will be able to tell you if an order can still be canceled after this point)

3. Went and checked my email and sure enough, it was already sent to the printers. It's not a huge deal, I can still test with the previous models too.

I didn't get a printer notification on my first order though so I didn't know they did that.

4. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    It cannot hurt to contact service all the same - perhaps they can still cancel the print.

5. stannum
    stannum Well-Known Member
    Emails in general are hit and miss, sometimes you get something, sometimes you don't. Overload? Bugs? Go figure.

6. Thanks for the help. Still getting familiar with the process here. I'm
    just glad to finally get somewhere with all these parts I've been thinking on.

7. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Email service if you haven't already. They'll get back to you within 24 hours except on weekends.