Home » Support » Bug Reporting » Invoice glitch: Outstanding balance
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Invoice glitch: Outstanding balance [message #58171] Fri, 07 December 2012 15:52 UTC Go to next message
avatar Mid7night  is currently offline Mid7night
Go to my shop
I'll just put it out there: I'M PISSED.

I designed an RC plane that could be printed and easily assembled, and I've had nothing but trouble ever since I ordered it, which is really pissing me off because I usually NEVER have problems with Shapeways. So yeah, maybe I'm venting here a bit. I emailed Customer Service, and Mitchell and Christel have tried to be helpful, but there's a glitch in the invoice system somewhere, and it's holding up my order which is already 2 weeks late because it broke once. So that's why I'm pissed.

I placed an order for an RC plane I designed, it broke during printing so they cancelled the print and credited me the order amount. Customer service was also nice enough to give me a shipping-credit to help make up for the fact that my original order was placed using a Black Friday 20%-off discount code, and thus my 'store credit' was not for the full-price. Mitchell rocks. Smile

So I fixed the problem area, reuploaded and reorded my plane. Here's where things get screwy...

At the payment confirmation page, I applied my store credit and entered the Holiday Discount code (15% off), and it calculated that I owed just $8.43. So I hit PAY, it took me to Paypal and I completed the transaction. Only NOW, if I go back and view my invoice, it says I still owe $47.73, because it says I only had a store credit of $183.99?!?!

Here's the quick math:
(remember I was given a shipping credit as well, so there's no shipping cost in the calculation)
Original order (also store credit amount): $225.22
New order: $274.88
Holiday discount: 15%

So when I checked out, this is the calculation it did:

$274.88 x 0.85 = $233.65
$23..65 - $225.22 = $8.43

That's it, that's what it charged me and that's what I paid. I have NO clue where this mysterious $183.99 number came from, but there's a glitch in your system somewhere guys, and I shouldn't have to pay extra for it.
Re: Invoice glitch: Outstanding balance [message #58175 is a reply to message #58171 ] Fri, 07 December 2012 16:07 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Not good. I'm digging to see what I can figure out.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Invoice glitch: Outstanding balance [message #58385 is a reply to message #58171 ] Tue, 11 December 2012 10:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ChristelH  is currently offline ChristelH
Go to my shop
I work here
Hi Ben,

We have been in contact about this, and I am very sorry this has happened.
As you know I have also sent this to our Development Department so they can have a look at the missing store credit as well.

I have just sent you an email about this and issued a new order for you with the model you have ordered.

Again my apologies and I hope this will help you out.

Kindly,
Christel
Customer Service Agent
www.shapeways.com

Best, Christel Maurmair Customer Service Agent Shapeways
Re: Invoice glitch: Outstanding balance [message #58404 is a reply to message #58385 ] Tue, 11 December 2012 15:07 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Mid7night  is currently offline Mid7night
Go to my shop
Thank you Christel! I received the new order confirmation, and I'm looking forward to seeing it work this time. Smile

I'm still puzzled by the invoice glitch itself, and if I can be of any help to whomever is investigating please let me know. I'd hate for something like this to happen to anyone else.

Cheers!

~ Ben
Re: Invoice glitch: Outstanding balance [message #58449 is a reply to message #58404 ] Wed, 12 December 2012 07:16 UTC Go to previous message
avatar ChristelH  is currently offline ChristelH
Go to my shop
I work here
Dear Ben,

You are very welcome.
Our Development Department is looking in to this to find out what has happened and fix this as soon as possible.

If we have got any questions about this, I will contact you again.

Again my apologies this has happened.

Kindly,
Christel
Customer Service Agent
www.shapeways.com

Best, Christel Maurmair Customer Service Agent Shapeways

Previous Topic:new? @ symbol
Next Topic:Another video image preview bug

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.