Home »  » 3D Applications » 64MB File Limit
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
64MB File Limit [message #188] Mon, 07 April 2008 20:12 UTC Go to next message
avatar mrpoon  is currently offline mrpoon
Go to my shop
I have been trying to upload Collada files of 60MB in size but have not succeeded so far.

Simple geometry like cubes and spheres are obviously fine with few faces, but I tried a test to upload a cube with 480,000 faces (Collada file size 32.2MB) which failed. The message was:

"The fileformat of your object cannot be processed by our software. Please investigate the problem and try again"

I don't believe my models are at fault, they have been checked for errors and water tightness.

In the past, I have worked with complex models and exported them in the STL format for printing. The file format was typically smaller. Are there reasons for not using STL too?

Warm regards,

Wah
Re: 64MB File Limit [message #189 is a reply to message #188 ] Mon, 07 April 2008 20:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Hi Wah,

strange - our service *should* accept files up to 64MB. If you zip that file, would it be small enough to mail it to me so I can look in to this? My address is bart @ this site.

We're considering adding new file formats and STL is on the list. The only reason for it not being supported yet is time, I guess.

Cheers,

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: 64MB File Limit [message #191 is a reply to message #189 ] Mon, 07 April 2008 20:55 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Hi Bart,

I'm resending an email I sent in the early hours of Monday morning.. Maybe you didn't get the first one?

The link inside includes two Collada files at around 60MB each.

Thanks,

Wah
Re: 64MB File Limit is actually a 10MB Limit? [message #192 is a reply to message #189 ] Mon, 07 April 2008 23:41 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I have uploaded a series of cubes in the Collada file format with increasing polycount:

145,000 faces = 9,931KB
150,000 faces = 10,313KB

The larger file of 'just over' 10MB failed.

All files leading up to and including the 9,931KB file were accepted and printable.

It looks like the current limit is actually 10MB. Can you check this?

Cheers,

Wah
Re: 64MB File Limit [message #193 is a reply to message #188 ] Tue, 08 April 2008 17:32 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Hi Wah,

I also sent you this in an email, but it's probably interesting information for other readers too: the issue does not seem to be in the file-size but in the large number of faces in the model. We're looking in to it right now - once we know more I'll post another message here.

Cheers,

Bart

Re: 64MB File Limit [message #6700 is a reply to message #188 ] Sun, 20 September 2009 19:28 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar tefman3d  is currently offline tefman3d
Go to all my models
hello,

have had a similar problem with a dae file that is around
13 mb exported from Bonzai3d. Checked for all problems
before upload file loads into 3d max with no problems.

any thoughts

best tefman3d

tefman at hotmail dot com
Re: 64MB File Limit [message #6735 is a reply to message #6700 ] Mon, 21 September 2009 14:25 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Feel free to send that file to bart@shapeways.com and I'll inspect it for you.

Cheers,

Bart

Previous Topic:Frustrated with 3DS Max manifolds
Next Topic:3DS Max 2010 -> Blender & Z-Brush

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.