Now Through Sunday Night. Black Friday Deals & Free Shipping! See the deals.
Home » Support » 3D Applications » VRML - Blender- Map One Side Of Cube?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
VRML - Blender- Map One Side Of Cube? [message #58052] Wed, 05 December 2012 20:18 UTC Go to next message
avatar Plumguy  is currently offline Plumguy
Go to my shop
OK, I think I got the hang of using the UV/Image editor in Blender 2.49 on a Debian Squeeze box.
However, an error message occurs when my image (yeah, using my little duckie) on ONE side of a cube.
If the image is placed on ALL sides of the cube, no problem-o.
So is it not possible to map to only one side for color printing?

[Updated on: Wed, 05 December 2012 20:28 UTC]

Re: VRML - Blender- Map One Side Of Cube? [message #58057 is a reply to message #58052 ] Wed, 05 December 2012 21:22 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Fredd  is currently offline Fredd
Go to all my models
Assign the faces you want to unwrap 1 material, assign the rest of the faces another material. Since you are colorprinting, might as well get your inks worth.

Have any questions regarding Blender, and need fast answers, you are always welcome at the IRC Server Freenode, channel #blender. As a bonus, several there have experience in modelling for 3D prints.

Keith
Re: VRML - Blender- Map One Side Of Cube? [message #58180 is a reply to message #58057 ] Fri, 07 December 2012 17:23 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Plumguy  is currently offline Plumguy
Go to my shop
Changed the images to flag and torch.
This seems to work. Image is upside down but you get the idea.
Maybe Shapeways' software doesn't handle ducks!
Thanks for your help and advice.
Ray
index.php?t=getfile&id=24021&private=0

Previous Topic:Centering Image Blender and VRML
Next Topic:Does Shapeways support texture filtering?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.