Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Support » 3D Printing » Stainless Steel Material - Screw Threads?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Stainless Steel Material - Screw Threads? [message #58048] Wed, 05 December 2012 19:40 UTC Go to next message
avatar Steps2light  is currently offline Steps2light
Go to all my models
Looking to make an object from stainless steel. So it is a pipe that needs to be fastened to another pipe. Is it possible to print a steel thread or should i leave a hole and tap a thread myself. If I'm tapping the thread myself does this stainless steel material like that? This will be on a car so sure fitting and standing to vibration is a must....thanks

[Updated on: Wed, 05 December 2012 19:41 UTC]

Re: Stainless Steel Material - Screw Threads? [message #58054 is a reply to message #58048 ] Wed, 05 December 2012 20:45 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
The best way would be to thread it yourself, and yes, our stainless is toolable. I don't think it's been "road tested". The stainless is bonded with bronze, so it's not the same as a cast stainless piece.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate

Previous Topic:Printing orientation for multiple small objects in a single file
Next Topic:[Newbie] Which material for vehicle window crank?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.