Home » Community » General Discussion » Who are Shapeways Competitors/Competition?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Who are Shapeways Competitors/Competition? [message #58046] Wed, 05 December 2012 19:17 UTC Go to next message
avatar ebaybrad  is currently offline ebaybrad
Go to my shop
Do they have any?
Re: Who are Shapeways Competitors/Competition? [message #58055 is a reply to message #58046 ] Wed, 05 December 2012 21:00 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
We have several competitors. They are easy enough to find on Google. Weigh them out. Many of us have, and we're still here Wink.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Who are Shapeways Competitors/Competition? [message #58056 is a reply to message #58055 ] Wed, 05 December 2012 21:04 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ebaybrad  is currently offline ebaybrad
Go to my shop
I am not dissatisfied with shapeways in general. However, you have no contact telephone number. I have printed about 6 models in materials that cannot be printed or come out subpar. I would rather let someone look at it and tell me some options rather than have $hundreds in credits, bad models, etc...

I have looked clearly at the materials page, however, it has not been a solution...

thanks
Re: Who are Shapeways Competitors/Competition? [message #58088 is a reply to message #58056 ] Thu, 06 December 2012 05:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar denali3ddesign  is currently offline denali3ddesign
Go to my shop
Shapeways doesn't offer design help - that's one way it keeps prices low. Your best bet is likely to hire an experienced modeler, or you may post a request here.

If you're new to 3D printing, learn the secrets from a professional. Get my book "3D Printing with SketchUp"
Re: Who are Shapeways Competitors/Competition? [message #58106 is a reply to message #58056 ] Thu, 06 December 2012 14:53 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
ebaybrad wrote on Wed, 05 December 2012 21:04

I am not dissatisfied with shapeways in general. However, you have no contact telephone number. I have printed about 6 models in materials that cannot be printed or come out subpar. I would rather let someone look at it and tell me some options rather than have $hundreds in credits, bad models, etc...

I have looked clearly at the materials page, however, it has not been a solution...

thanks

You can email service. They can give you material advice. They are good folk and will get back to you fairly quickly. You can also post in the work in progress section to get the expert advice of forum members.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate

Previous Topic:questions about Statement Vase in Full Color Sandstone
Next Topic:123sculpt to shapeways sandstone with texture map

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.