Aleysha Figurine 76 mm

Discussion in 'Feature this!' started by BITGEM, Dec 5, 2012.

1. BITGEM
    BITGEM Member
    It was really difficult to get a good picture of this figurine that show the full surface detail (and I still have not really succeeded). I think I might need to spray it with some sort of paint to make the surface visible. (If someone has a suggestion on what best to use on a tiny model like this I'd be grateful)

Check it out on the site

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    There is a product called Bestine available at Michaels' hobby stores. It's chemical name is heptane.
    If you soak FUD models in it for a few minutes, then allow them to dry, the surface of the FUD turns an opaque white and really pops out the features, making the item a bit more photographable, BUT.. you loose the cool effect here of being semi-transparent.

What's great about Bestine is that it doesn't "coat" the model and cause a reduction in detail (like I've seen with thick paints), it just turns the surface white (and removes any of the waxy 'support material' left over the printing process).

Admittedly, it does often cause the print lines (rastering) to also show up.

3. BITGEM
    BITGEM Member
    Thanks stonysmith! That's a really helpful reply! :) I will check it out and post some pictures once done.