Home » Support » 3D Printing » [Newbie] Which material for vehicle window crank?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
icon5.gif  [Newbie] Which material for vehicle window crank? [message #57952] Tue, 04 December 2012 11:33 UTC Go to next message
avatar mightyiam  is currently offline mightyiam
Go to all my models
Hey there, I'm wondering which material to have this vehicle window crank printed of.

Should be the cheapest option that will do the job.

One thing I'm not sure about is the detail level that the star-shaped socket (or what should I call it?) requires.

Thanks,
Shahar
Re: [Newbie] Which material for vehicle window crank? [message #58096 is a reply to message #57952 ] Thu, 06 December 2012 09:38 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Shapeways Strong & Flexible (S&F) would work well for the part, though at 33+cc it will be a bit pricey as is. There is a lot of scope for hollowing out the model to bring the volume & price down. The detail of S&F would be ok for the splined socket too.

Paul

Previous Topic:Stainless Steel Material - Screw Threads?
Next Topic:Sorry, we were unable to process your uploaded model .....

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.