Home » Community » General Discussion » 123sculpt to shapeways sandstone with texture map
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
123sculpt to shapeways sandstone with texture map [message #57926] Mon, 03 December 2012 23:46 UTC Go to next message
avatar blackmatt  is currently offline blackmatt
Go to all my models
hey, I'm new here. What crazy possibilities this technology suggests.
How can I make a model with texture in 123sculpt and print to shapeways sandstone with the texture map.

123sculpt only outputs .obj though it does include .mtl and .png files which presumably contain the texture/mapping info.

But .obj doesnt with load textures in shapeways does it?

workround/conversion util?

thanks
Matt Black
Re: 123sculpt to shapeways sandstone with texture map [message #57929 is a reply to message #57926 ] Tue, 04 December 2012 02:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Fredd  is currently offline Fredd
Go to all my models
Meshlab will convert it to a x3D format, which will upload to SW with the texture. When" you export as" x3d unclick vertex color and normal, the texture if compressed both into 1 file, will upload.

Have any questions regarding Blender, and need fast answers, you are always welcome at the IRC Server Freenode, channel #blender. As a bonus, several there have experience in modelling for 3D prints.

Keith
Re: 123sculpt to shapeways sandstone with texture map [message #58107 is a reply to message #57929 ] Thu, 06 December 2012 15:17 UTC Go to previous message
avatar blackmatt  is currently offline blackmatt
Go to all my models
thank you, that worked for me

Previous Topic:Who are Shapeways Competitors/Competition?
Next Topic:NYC local pickup?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.