Hello

Discussion in 'Newcomers Lounge' started by 257858_deleted, Dec 2, 2012.

1. 257858_deleted
    257858_deleted Well-Known Member
    Hi everybody. I've been interested in 3d modeling for a little over a year now. I've done more traditional sculpting previously and just started playing with Blender in the last couple of weeks. I have alooooong way to go. Nice to meet you all.

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Blender has a definite learning curve. But we have lots of experienced Blenders here. Have any problems, please ask. What kind of models have you done in the past, plan to do in the future?

3. 257858_deleted
    Hi. I've literally only layed with Blender once while watching a tutorial. Before that, I've made masks and props. I'd like to be able to design everytihng from costume pieces to toys to whatever. I have a degree in filmmaking and can see all kinds of applications. Are there any programs easier than Blender to start off with?

4. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Blender can do pretty much everything, and if it can't be done, it's open source so you can modify it to do it. There are simpler programs, but they aren't as capable. Currently I've been using Sculptris to make models, then export to blender to get the scale right and hollow my model. Sculptris is as easy as it gets. You start with a ball of clay, and you have like 12 tools that you can use to mold your clay. I mostly only use the move tool myself.

5. 257858_deleted
    Sorry I never got back to you. I've had a lot to do here mostly with single parent life. Thanks for the tip on Sculptris. I'm definitely going to check it out sometime this week. I have a .rar file I had a friend help me with, but it still has a few small things that need to be adjusted. Hopefully Sculptris will work for it.