Home » Support » Bug Reporting » STL Dimensions are way off- help!!
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
STL Dimensions are way off- help!! [message #57859] Sun, 02 December 2012 10:12 UTC Go to next message
avatar sean.rafferty  is currently offline sean.rafferty
Go to all my models
I recently uploaded a model created in Inventor Fusion to SW; it is an STL file, the model was created in milimeters and so I selected milimeters for the model upload.

After the model uploads, the dimensions are incorrect- see the screenshot below:

index.php?t=getfile&id=23696&private=0

In the foreground is a screenshot of the model in fusion- you can see it is 169mm x 68.37mm.

Behind that you can see a screenshot of the model in SW, it is only showing the model to be 1.65cm x .0684cm x .09cm

What is going on- is anyone else having this problem??

[Updated on: Sun, 02 December 2012 19:53 UTC]

Re: STL Dimensions are way off- help!! [message #57913 is a reply to message #57859 ] Mon, 03 December 2012 14:16 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
Looks to me as if your software is exporting in cm. My math is fuzzy on Monday mornings, but I think that would cause the results. Try scaling up by 10 before exporting.

Your friendly neighborhood Moderman
michael@shapeways.com
Re: STL Dimensions are way off- help!! [message #57924 is a reply to message #57859 ] Mon, 03 December 2012 22:05 UTC Go to previous message
avatar natalia  is currently offline natalia
Go to all my models
I work here
Yup! Fusion has a known issue with exporting and being off by a scale of 10.

Shapeways Community Manager

Previous Topic:Model uploaded, but not printable in any material
Next Topic:Small meshes removed on upload.

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.