Home » Community » General Discussion » Colour sandstone preview and video don't match.
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Colour sandstone preview and video don't match. [message #57849] Sun, 02 December 2012 02:26 UTC Go to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Anyone know why the colour preview of my model looks fine and yet the "video" only shows that standard one colour? More importantly, does this mean the model will actually print in colour?

If you want to take a look it's HERE in my shop.

Glenn

[Updated on: Sun, 02 December 2012 04:20 UTC] by Moderator

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: Colour sandstone preview and video don't match. [message #57852 is a reply to message #57849 ] Sun, 02 December 2012 03:57 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Fredd  is currently offline Fredd
Go to all my models
Glen, that was just odd. What type of uv mapping technique did you use?
And what program did to convert ii into a VMRL?

Have any questions regarding Blender, and need fast answers, you are always welcome at the IRC Server Freenode, channel #blender. As a bonus, several there have experience in modelling for 3D prints.

Keith
Re: Colour sandstone preview and video don't match. [message #57853 is a reply to message #57852 ] Sun, 02 December 2012 04:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I use ZBrush to export directly to VRML, and to create the UV's I use the UV Master Plug-in (now native to the programme). I have used this method in the past and most recently with several colour models. None of them exhibited this behaviour. I do recall seeing someone post a similar "bug" here but I'm not able to find the post anymore.

I've also sent a message to Customer Service but I was hoping someone over the week-end could help.

Glenn

Re: Colour sandstone preview and video don't match. [message #57867 is a reply to message #57853 ] Sun, 02 December 2012 13:17 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Shapie Expert
Happens to mine regularly, although they only use two or three fixed colors assigned to
primitives in the VRML file. Very simple models, say twelve red octahedra and two yellow
ones, are correctly colored in the "video" preview, while larger ones have the colors applied
to part of the structure, or are monochromic. If the static preview is correct, the prints will also
be (allowing for limitations in the color range - a bright gold on screen ended up as a dirty
ochre in print)
Re: Colour sandstone preview and video don't match. [message #57869 is a reply to message #57867 ] Sun, 02 December 2012 14:22 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Thanks, that's good to know. Perhaps Customer Support will shed some light as to why it happens.

Glenn

Re: Colour sandstone preview and video don't match. [message #58127 is a reply to message #57853 ] Thu, 06 December 2012 21:51 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar AlanHudson  is currently offline AlanHudson
Go to my shop
I work here
The video is a software release behind. We improved the texture handling for the imageviewer first. We'll get the video fixed soon but I don't have a release date for you yet. The image is what your item will look like printed.

Director 3D Tools
Re: Colour sandstone preview and video don't match. [message #58133 is a reply to message #57849 ] Thu, 06 December 2012 22:52 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Thanks, Alan, that's reassuring.

Previous Topic:Which Software Package???
Next Topic:Right export setting for .wrl in Maya?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.