Introducing 14k Gold, read more on the blog.
Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » Remake a ring with a different metal
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Remake a ring with a different metal [message #57753] Fri, 30 November 2012 17:21 UTC Go to next message
avatar lizgannes  is currently offline lizgannes
Go to all my models
Hi, last year I made a ring for myself in a jewelry class that I love and wear everyday. However, the intro class only gave students access to certain metals, so my ring is made of nickel. I would like to remake it with a different metal. Is it possible to scan and copy the ring exactly? Sorry if this is a stupid/obvious question.

Thanks,
Liz
Re: Remake a ring with a different metal [message #57828 is a reply to message #57753 ] Sat, 01 December 2012 18:52 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar designanything3d  is currently offline designanything3d
Go to my shop
Hello, yes there are scanning processes that allow you to copy objects. There is a company here in portland that I know who's doing this. He scans down to 50 microns or less I think. I can put you in touch with him if you like.

Josh
Designanything3d.com
Re: Remake a ring with a different metal [message #57884 is a reply to message #57753 ] Sun, 02 December 2012 20:52 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar SGDesigns  is currently offline SGDesigns
Go to my shop
Post a few pictures of the ring in different angles, if the scanning is expensive, maybe some of us can model it from the pictures, dimensions and ring size.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Sal G -
My Website
www.sgcustomsilver.com
Facebook Page
www.facebook.com/SGCustomSilver
Re: Remake a ring with a different metal [message #57890 is a reply to message #57884 ] Sun, 02 December 2012 23:53 UTC Go to previous message
avatar designanything3d  is currently offline designanything3d
Go to my shop
Yes of course we could also do a reconstruction on your ring to match. You can contact us directly at our website. Designanything3d.com

Previous Topic:Cartoon Character model needed, fast turnaround
Next Topic:Sunflower 3d model