Home » Support » 3D Printing » Printed wax model
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Printed wax model [message #57744] Fri, 30 November 2012 16:05 UTC Go to next message
avatar EchoMM  is currently offline EchoMM
Go to my shop
I see that the silver material is an available option, and that they create it by using the lost wax method. Is it possible to receive the wax to make my own mold, or is there a process that someone has posted for making casts of their prints for creating jewelry etc...

Thanks,
Re: Printed wax model [message #57772 is a reply to message #57744 ] Fri, 30 November 2012 18:59 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Not at this time.
It's been discussed at length, and is a hot-topic item, but it's not an option yet.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Printed wax model [message #57773 is a reply to message #57744 ] Fri, 30 November 2012 19:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
To add to stonys comment, the problem is shipping. We would not be able to cost effectively ship the wax while preventing damage. The plan is to offer more castable materials. So keep on the look out for that. I found this post with a metal survey, but I believe there is another one specifically about castable metals

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Printed wax model [message #57776 is a reply to message #57773 ] Fri, 30 November 2012 19:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar EchoMM  is currently offline EchoMM
Go to my shop
Great information. Thanks for your feedback.
Re: Printed wax model [message #91314 is a reply to message #57744 ] Thu, 05 June 2014 11:29 UTC Go to previous message
avatar natalia  is currently offline natalia
Go to all my models
I work here
Hey EchoMM,

Just wanted to update this thread: WE PRINT WAX NOW!

Have fun,
Natalia

Shapeways Community Manager

Previous Topic:Lost wax process - which material will melt easiest/cleanest
Next Topic:Wax Prototypes

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.