Home » Support » Bug Reporting » Can't get my model into my shop?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Can't get my model into my shop? [message #57649] Thu, 29 November 2012 06:17 UTC Go to next message
avatar UsefulIdiotDesign  is currently offline UsefulIdiotDesign
Go to my shop
I've just opened up my shop and I uploaded an STL to put in there. I got the verification email, the site showed me the rendering of the part but how the heck do I get it into my Shop?

I love the concept of this place but it's not too step by step when it comes to getting up to speed.

Thanks ahead of time!
Re: Can't get my model into my shop? [message #57651 is a reply to message #57649 ] Thu, 29 November 2012 07:28 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Did you see How to Open a Shop yet?
Have you edited the model for availability and markup?

Paul

Re: Can't get my model into my shop? [message #57659 is a reply to message #57651 ] Thu, 29 November 2012 10:15 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar MitchellJetten  is currently offline MitchellJetten
Go to all my models
I work here
Hi,

I just checked your model.
Please login on the website and click on this link:

http://www.shapeways.com/model/edit/803156/

This is the edit page of your uploaded model.
Here you can change the name, add markup and make the model public (thus visible in your shop for other)

Kind regards,
Mitchell

[Updated on: Thu, 29 November 2012 10:22 UTC]

Kind regards,

Mitchell Jetten
Customer Service Coordinator
Shapeways
Re: Can't get my model into my shop? [message #57726 is a reply to message #57659 ] Fri, 30 November 2012 06:51 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Ok, I think I got it now! I didn't realise that I had to click on the numbers in the material selection window to add the markup. I'm still a bit fuzzy on how to upload a shop banner and user avatar, but I'm going to try that right after I finish here.

I just ordered my first prototypes for testing and I can't wait to get my grubby little hands on them!!! Smile

This site seems to run better on my Ipod than it does on my laptop so I've updated my browser in the hopes that things smooth out a bit.

Thanks for all of your help and I hope this is the beginning of a great time here at Shapeways!
Re: Can't get my model into my shop? [message #57731 is a reply to message #57649 ] Fri, 30 November 2012 07:55 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Ok, got a banner up and a logo... still not able to get my model into my shop. What am I missing here or am I not reading enough tutorials? (go ahead, take your shots... yes I'm a newb!) Rolling Eyes
I've set the material type, I've set the markup... I don't see anything to click on when I'm trying to move it from "My Models" to "My Shop".

Are these tutorials in need of update? I'm not seeing what the images are showing.

[Updated on: Fri, 30 November 2012 07:58 UTC]

Re: Can't get my model into my shop? [message #57732 is a reply to message #57731 ] Fri, 30 November 2012 08:15 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Ok, got it into my shop.

Now I have another dilemma... I named my shop "Useful Idiot designs" when I wanted to name it "Useful Idiot Design" like my ID on here. Anyway to correct the shop name once it's created?

Thanks again ahead of time... I promise I'll try not to be an Annoying Idiot Designer anymore!
Re: Can't get my model into my shop? [message #57733 is a reply to message #57732 ] Fri, 30 November 2012 08:22 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
afaik, there's two ways to change your shop name;
1 - Remove your shop & start a new one.
2 - Have a chat with Mitchell & see what he can do Wink

Paul

Previous Topic:Extended product description suddenly heavily restricted?
Next Topic:Uploading and my models page buggy today

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.