Home » Support » 3D Design » "We don't cast pins"?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
"We don't cast pins"? [message #57637] Wed, 28 November 2012 23:39 UTC Go to next message
avatar hagman  is currently offline hagman
Go to all my models
An order of mine was rejected with

Reason: Thin walls
Additional information: we don't cast pins

"Thin walls" suggests (material is silver) tha a wall is less than 0.6 mm thick.I think I had corrected out all places where so thin walls might occur.
Remarkably, the accompanying image does not show any thin wall markers.
In fact, this order was a redesign of a previously failed order, where there was a complaint abount thin walls and the marker in the image showed a value *greater* than 0.6mm.

However, what I really cannot figure is "we don't cast pins". How this?
Admittedly I stretched the design rules for silver by placing two items. However, the exception for earrings and cufflinks is explicit in the rules. My design was not ear*rings* but ear*pins*. How does that make a difference?
Re: "We don't cast pins"? [message #57677 is a reply to message #57637 ] Thu, 29 November 2012 15:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Do you have an image of these earpins? I'll see what I can dig up about the rejection. If you could supply the order number to assist them in finding the response.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: "We don't cast pins"? [message #57764 is a reply to message #57677 ] Fri, 30 November 2012 18:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar hagman  is currently offline hagman
Go to all my models
Thanks a lot, it's order #169777 and here's the image of the rejection mail.

Hagen

Re: "We don't cast pins"? [message #57770 is a reply to message #57637 ] Fri, 30 November 2012 18:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Awesome, thanks. I've forwarded on to service to figure out what's going on here.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: "We don't cast pins"? [message #57908 is a reply to message #57637 ] Mon, 03 December 2012 13:52 UTC Go to previous message
avatar RalphVdB  is currently offline RalphVdB
Go to my shop
I work here
Hi Hangman,

I have sent you an PM explaining why the model got rejected. Hope this helps you out bit!

Shapeways International Customer Service Manager

Previous Topic:flexible tab
Next Topic:Intersection of materials accepted?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.