Introducing 14k Gold, read more on the blog.
Home » Community » It arrived! » Have an Open Source Christmas!
Search Search  
 () 1 Vote(s)
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Have an Open Source Christmas! [message #57593] Wed, 28 November 2012 10:42 UTC Go to next message
avatar macouno  is currently offline macouno
Go to my shop
Hi everyone.

Yesterday afternoon I got another lovely package by shapeways! And... it wasn't what I was expecting at all.. I have another order coming which I thought would get here first. This though, was a nice surprise.

This is the Open Source Christmas Ornament. It's a ball with cutouts in the shapes of some of the biggest open source packages. In this case I picked: Linux, Open Office, The Gimp, Blender, VLC & Firefox

Find it here: http://shpws.me/mLcq

index.php?t=getfile&id=23441&private=0

The initial print was slightly fragile (the small open office bird is already broken). So I updated the on-line version in the shop with a slightly tougher one (thicker edges). It makes the print slightly less affordable... but I think it's worth it.

And of course in the spirit of open-sourceness & Christmas... you can download the file! And I also uploaded the original Blender file to the thingiverse: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:36011

Please let me know what you think!

• Attachment: full.jpg
    (Size: 76.12KB, Downloaded 159 time(s))

[Updated on: Wed, 28 November 2012 11:09 UTC]

Re: Have an Open Source Christmas! [message #57599 is a reply to message #57593 ] Wed, 28 November 2012 12:29 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Well, I've just got to love that, don't I? Wink

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: Have an Open Source Christmas! [message #57624 is a reply to message #57593 ] Wed, 28 November 2012 17:32 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar duann  is currently offline duann
Go to my shop
I work here
Sweet, I just included it on the homepage.

Duann Scott, Designer Evangelist, Shapeways
Re: Have an Open Source Christmas! [message #57654 is a reply to message #57593 ] Thu, 29 November 2012 08:31 UTC Go to previous message
avatar macouno  is currently offline macouno
Go to my shop
Thanks guys! That's just awesome.

Previous Topic:Two Whistles
Next Topic:Pine cones!