Home » Support » 3D Printing » Resolution and printing method for the fine detail plastic material?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Resolution and printing method for the fine detail plastic material? [message #57469] Mon, 26 November 2012 04:31 UTC Go to next message
avatar xiombarg  is currently offline xiombarg
Go to all my models
I've never printed with Shapeways before, but I'm used to working with a printer service that uses an Objet that has a 25 micron resolution. I have been very happy with the results, but I'm curious what printing process and resolution Shapeways is using for their fine detail plastic material?
Re: Resolution and printing method for the fine detail plastic material? [message #57474 is a reply to message #57469 ] Mon, 26 November 2012 09:33 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
afaik, Shapeways Frosted Fetail (FD) and Frosted Ultra Detail (FUD) are printed using a 3D Systems ProJet HD3000, the resolution is quoted as HD Mode ( =FD) : 328 x 328 x 606 DPI (xyz) and UHD Mode ( =FUD): 656 x 656 x 800 DPI (xyz). Shapeways Fine Detail plastic has similar properties to FD, but it looks like the upgrade to Vero White Plus (16 micron layers) has been made (yet?)

Paul

Re: Resolution and printing method for the fine detail plastic material? [message #57522 is a reply to message #57474 ] Tue, 27 November 2012 00:18 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stannum is currently online stannum
Go to my shop
If Fine Detail is using 16 micron now instead of the basic 30 micron mode, it should be advertised. There were visible differences when they tested it. Why keep an improvement secret?

Previous Topic:What does Escape Hole mean?
Next Topic:Sculptris question, size of my 3D print

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.