Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » Need modeler: 1:1 full-head helmet, Zero (Borderlands 2)
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Need modeler: 1:1 full-head helmet, Zero (Borderlands 2) [message #56940] Fri, 16 November 2012 04:20 UTC Go to next message
avatar mightysox  is currently offline mightysox
Go to all my models
As part of a costume, I need to have a full-face helmet. It's a very strange size...

Some images of Zero:
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb32mw0R311rgor79o1_1280.jpg
http://sig-lab.com/gallery/albums/userpics/13055/normal_Borderlands2ZeroRender.png
http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae5/ryanheywood/Zer0_profilecopy_zpsd5fad32b.jpg

It would most likely have to hinge at the top, and I'll worry about the electronics later (more my area of expertise). I'd need some advice for what material to print it out of. Ideally the front would be at least somewhat possible to see through.

I can provide head measurements, too. I'd like this thing to be as snug as possible.
Please send estimates and any related work from your portfolio. I'd love to get working on this as soon as possible.

Email address is my username @gmail.com

[Updated on: Fri, 16 November 2012 04:22 UTC]

Re: Need modeler: 1:1 full-head helmet, Zero (Borderlands 2) [message #57021 is a reply to message #56940 ] Sun, 18 November 2012 11:40 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ComesToLife  is currently offline ComesToLife
Go to my shop
What you are asking can easily be done, but it will be expensive to print. Probably more expensive than to model...
Reply to me via PM with your budget and if I can help you.

P.S> I have an access to a printer at the office that is limited in size, but maybe cheaper then online printing services.

Custom 3D Art that goes beyond 3D printing
www.InteractiveIdea.net
Re: Need modeler: 1:1 full-head helmet, Zero (Borderlands 2) [message #57041 is a reply to message #56940 ] Mon, 19 November 2012 00:16 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar codexehow  is currently offline codexehow
Go to all my models
ComesToLife is correct in that this would be a very expensive print.

$2000 or thereabouts.

I recently did a skull mask for a client. I told him repeatedly that it would be costly to print, and yet somehow, he still managed to be shocked at Shapeways and other's quotes.

If you're okay with the printing cost, I can model this for you in about 3 days in Zbrush.

Output file will be .STL.

Price varies depending on the level of detail you need, but overall, I can offer you a very reasonable price.

[Updated on: Mon, 19 November 2012 00:18 UTC]

www.tommycharlesportfolio.com
Re: Need modeler: 1:1 full-head helmet, Zero (Borderlands 2) [message #57051 is a reply to message #57041 ] Mon, 19 November 2012 02:07 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ComesToLife  is currently offline ComesToLife
Go to my shop
Don't think it will be that much... mostly due to the fact that you do not print the whole head. just the shape of the mask, so in theory its not that much material, but it would be still costly. of cause its also depends on the material you are using. I have my own printer and can print that in plastic even if you go with other artists than myself. Difference is... I charge for the service of printing and material if you use someone else, but in case you use me for design, printing through me is included in the cost.

cheers.

Custom 3D Art that goes beyond 3D printing
www.InteractiveIdea.net
Re: Need modeler: 1:1 full-head helmet, Zero (Borderlands 2) [message #57053 is a reply to message #57051 ] Mon, 19 November 2012 02:32 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar codexehow  is currently offline codexehow
Go to all my models
I designed a hollow and fairly thin mask at around 11 inches in plastic and Shapeways quoted $2000.

www.tommycharlesportfolio.com
Re: Need modeler: 1:1 full-head helmet, Zero (Borderlands 2) [message #57134 is a reply to message #57053 ] Tue, 20 November 2012 03:59 UTC Go to previous message
avatar mightysox  is currently offline mightysox
Go to all my models
Hey guys - thanks for the feedback.

My designer warned me up front of the cost - I'm cool with it.
I might do the large front piece in a lens material - significantly reducing the cost.

I might convert to a pepakura file and do the whole thing in paper/fiberglass.

I might finally grow a sack and buy a printer - print it myself. This might cost as much, but at least I'll have a printer when I'm done...

Thanks again for the feedback, I'll let you guys know what I find (or post pictures) when it's done.

Previous Topic:Modeler needed for architectural reproduction
Next Topic:Need Help: Dungeons and Dragons Special Mini Commission

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.