Now Through Sunday Night. Black Friday Deals & Free Shipping! See the deals.
Home » Community » Work in progress » Spanish Chiminea tea light holder
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Spanish Chiminea tea light holder [message #56914] Thu, 15 November 2012 20:38 UTC Go to next message
avatar AaronOxenham  is currently offline AaronOxenham
Go to my shop
Just trying out shapeways, so have started with something basic.

I have designed a Spanish chiminea tea light holder and was just wondering what thickness I should print it?

(an electric tea light would be put inside)

Do you think this would be ok to have a real tea light inside?

I have just been doing some testing with some nylon and a tea light flame. Placing the nylon along the same profile as the chiminea and the nylon gets hot but doesn't melt/wrap. What about use over time as well?

[Updated on: Sat, 17 November 2012 14:45 UTC]

Re: Spanish Chiminea tea light holder [message #56915 is a reply to message #56914 ] Thu, 15 November 2012 20:39 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
That depends on the size and the intended material.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Spanish Chiminea tea light holder [message #56916 is a reply to message #56915 ] Thu, 15 November 2012 20:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
The size of it is:

cm: 5.598 w x 10 d x 5.586 h in: 2.2 w x 3.9 d x 2.2 h

I would print it in nylon white or black.
Re: Spanish Chiminea tea light holder [message #56919 is a reply to message #56914 ] Thu, 15 November 2012 20:58 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
You appear to have a good bit of support there, so you may be able to go down to .7mm. I always prefer to go with 1mm for nylon. http://www.shapeways.com/materials/strong-flexible

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Spanish Chiminea tea light holder [message #56923 is a reply to message #56914 ] Thu, 15 November 2012 21:33 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Piers  is currently offline Piers
Go to my shop
Hello Aaron aka Star Burns Very Happy

Agreed 1 mm feels so much stronger than .75

How is the lid held on?
EDIT: ahh sry there is a circular line on the render. i assumed you removed the top half to place the tea light in. But i see you just slide it in through the window.

[Updated on: Thu, 15 November 2012 21:40 UTC]

formerly known as pdb
Re: Spanish Chiminea tea light holder [message #56995 is a reply to message #56923 ] Sat, 17 November 2012 14:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Do you think this would be ok to have a real tea light inside?

I have just been doing some testing with some nylon and a tea light flame. Placing the nylon along the same profile as the chiminea and the nylon gets hot but doesn't melt/wrap. What about use over time as well?
Re: Spanish Chiminea tea light holder [message #57177 is a reply to message #56914 ] Tue, 20 November 2012 19:44 UTC Go to previous message
avatar natalia  is currently offline natalia
Go to all my models
I work here
WSF is actually flammable so I would NOT suggest using a real tea light.
You can get cool LED teal lights to use instead...

Shapeways Community Manager

Previous Topic:Advice for beginner
Next Topic:Rabbit Pendant

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.