Home »  » It arrived! » New wireframe model
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
New wireframe model [message #56824] Wed, 14 November 2012 11:20 UTC Go to next message
avatar Piers  is currently offline Piers
Go to my shop
Hey
So this arrived.
Not quite sure what it is yet.....but its constructed of straight lines (apart from 10 revolve cuts which output was circular) yet it looks quite organic.
The central sphere is suspended from 5 points around the sides.

It spins when spun on a shiny surface.

I later plan to try and light it but will have to do a few tests first.

Piers

This design is
Cm: 15.6 w x 4.6 d x 16.3 h
In: 6.2 w x 1.8 d x 6.4 h

index.php?t=getfile&id=22749&private=0index.php?t=getfile&id=22748&private=0index.php?t=getfile&id=22747&private=0

[Updated on: Wed, 14 November 2012 11:30 UTC]

formerly known as pdb
Re: New wireframe model [message #56954 is a reply to message #56824 ] Fri, 16 November 2012 15:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar RMRdesign  is currently offline RMRdesign
Go to my shop
cool thing ! what design program you use??
Re: New wireframe model [message #56957 is a reply to message #56954 ] Fri, 16 November 2012 16:32 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar duann  is currently offline duann
Go to my shop
I work here
Awesome, are you going to make it available for sale?

Duann Scott, Designer Evangelist, Shapeways
Re: New wireframe model [message #56969 is a reply to message #56824 ] Fri, 16 November 2012 20:48 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Piers  is currently offline Piers
Go to my shop
Thanks guys

RMR I use Solidworks 2011.

Duann, yes, ill pop it on under art. But to be honest it was always supposed to be a lamp design. Using fiber optics running through channels (Avoids the whole heat/warping/melting issues)

And im not sure about the total density of the design if i want to make it larger. Obviously its denser than a half a meter wire frame stag head Wink but will wait and see if Shapeways makes a rule for that.

Thanks again for the compliments

[Updated on: Fri, 16 November 2012 20:49 UTC]

formerly known as pdb

Previous Topic:Indra Iphone5 Case / 3D woven pattern
Next Topic:3d print >molds >cast

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.