Home » Support » 3D Printing » moving parts
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
moving parts [message #56762] Tue, 13 November 2012 06:23 UTC Go to next message
avatar Brick  is currently offline Brick
Go to all my models
anything I need to know when creating models with moving parts?
Re: moving parts [message #56767 is a reply to message #56762 ] Tue, 13 November 2012 09:55 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar virtox  is currently offline virtox
Go to my shop
The minimal clearance for WSF is 0.5 mm.
But it is usually wise to avoid large surface with near contact for with moving parts.
As this increases the chances of powder jamming up or causing to much friction.

Cheers,

Stijn

- Artist / Engineer / Designer / Shopowner / Volunteer / Moderator -
Re: moving parts [message #56786 is a reply to message #56767 ] Tue, 13 November 2012 16:48 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Brick  is currently offline Brick
Go to all my models
ok ty.

You only mention WSF....is that the only material where you can do moving parts?

[Updated on: Tue, 13 November 2012 16:49 UTC]

Re: moving parts [message #56803 is a reply to message #56786 ] Tue, 13 November 2012 23:57 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
By no means is WSF the only material which you can do moving parts. Sandstone, and all the "Detail" materials (and some others) can have moving parts as well.
On each of the materials pages, you can see what the minimum clearance is and/or whether that material support "interlocking" parts.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products

Previous Topic:Rounded/Polished Side?
Next Topic:Glazing on ceramic bottles