Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Support » 3D Printing » Confused by a great print
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Confused by a great print [message #56538] Fri, 09 November 2012 05:06 UTC Go to next message
avatar alduduk  is currently offline alduduk
Go to all my models
Good Evening All,
I just got back my first print of my own design and was quite happy with the quality. I had no issues uploading process went quite smoothly. There was one caveat, the model came back cleanly sliced into 2 sections. The dimensions of the model were 7 x7 x16cm in WSF. It wasn't polished or dyed. I believe that those dimensions should fit withing the bounding box on any axis as the dimensions I was making sure I was within were 66x35x55cm. Also when I went back to My Models it was listed as unprintable in WSF so I cannot print a second one for further testing. I've attached the model in question to this message if somebody would take a look and tell me what I'm missing. Thanks for your time, have an outstanding day.

Re: Confused by a great print [message #56547 is a reply to message #56538 ] Fri, 09 November 2012 09:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I don't see any issues with the model - there were a few holes that were easy fixed with NetFabb (Shapeways Mesh Medic does the same when you upload a model). Your best bet is to contact Shapeways Customer Services (service@shapeways.com) and see how they can help recolve the issue - be sure to attach images of the print whne you contact CS.

Paul

Re: Confused by a great print [message #56549 is a reply to message #56538 ] Fri, 09 November 2012 12:11 UTC Go to previous message
avatar alduduk  is currently offline alduduk
Go to all my models
Thanks for the Reply Stop4Stuff,
I'll do that right now.

Previous Topic:How long do these objects last?
Next Topic:Would alumide work for a capacitive touchscreen stylus?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.