Home » Support » 3D Applications » Render alignment in SW
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Render alignment in SW [message #56456] Thu, 08 November 2012 01:27 UTC Go to next message
avatar Fredd  is currently offline Fredd
Go to all my models
Meshlab used to display in its viewscreen what the SW renders would display, correct directions for up and forward for the different formats you can upload. Ever since the renderer update at SW something is odd. Now if I want a model to display properly at SW as a stl, I have to regard blenders +Z direction as up, and forward as -Y. Unlike in the past when I had to rotate the model in Blender where Y was up, and Z was forward. to match the SW axis.
What totally confused me now for a .dae export in blender, I have to regard -Y as up, forward as -Z in blender to get the proper alignment of views?

Have any questions regarding Blender, and need fast answers, you are always welcome at the IRC Server Freenode, channel #blender. As a bonus, several there have experience in modelling for 3D prints.

Keith
Re: Render alignment in SW [message #56637 is a reply to message #56456 ] Sun, 11 November 2012 10:14 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Simple solution for any file format = create a render yourself, upload the image to the model page and set the image as the default image Wink

Paul

Re: Render alignment in SW [message #56652 is a reply to message #56637 ] Mon, 12 November 2012 01:13 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Fredd  is currently offline Fredd
Go to all my models
Oh yes Paul, that has been done, several times.Smile. I figured though posting the alignment axis's for the several formats would help new modelers/customers, as well as scaling tips for uploads.

Keith

Have any questions regarding Blender, and need fast answers, you are always welcome at the IRC Server Freenode, channel #blender. As a bonus, several there have experience in modelling for 3D prints.

Keith

Previous Topic:Solidworks upload to Shapeways; wrong views!
Next Topic:I use SketchUp 3D, how can i convert it to Shapeways support formats?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.