Home » Support » 3D Design » <FIXED> Non-manifold solid?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
<FIXED> Non-manifold solid? [message #5286] Sat, 18 July 2009 14:12 UTC Go to next message
avatar madox  is currently offline madox
Go to my shop
Can anyone help me out?

I can't seem to upload any models now with the new Shapeways checker, seems to say 'non-manifold' solid no matter what I upload. Just wondering if it is because the model is too small.

Can anyone have a look at the attached file and tell me what is wrong?

[Updated on: Sun, 19 July 2009 05:43 UTC]

Re: Help please! Non-manifold solid? [message #5288 is a reply to message #5286 ] Sat, 18 July 2009 16:56 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar WiKKiDWidgets  is currently offline WiKKiDWidgets
Go to my shop
Hi Madox;

Checked your model and you just had a few extra edges between some verts that were causing the problem. I removed them and did a test upload and this one works.

WiKKiD

Re: Help please! Non-manifold solid? [message #5290 is a reply to message #5286 ] Sun, 19 July 2009 00:43 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thanks for that! Now I know what to look for, I'll see if Meshlab has a builtin filter for duplicate edges...

Which program did you use?
Re: Help please! Non-manifold solid? <Fixed> [message #5291 is a reply to message #5290 ] Sun, 19 July 2009 04:02 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
index.php?t=getfile&id=1002&private=0

Very Happy

Please mark you issue as <Fixed> on the subject line of the original post.

[Updated on: Sun, 19 July 2009 04:03 UTC]

Re: <FIXED> Non-manifold solid? [message #5295 is a reply to message #5286 ] Sun, 19 July 2009 11:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Just want to reiterate my original thank you for the pointer to the problem source.

I've been able to fix the issue with Meshlab now by running a couple of extra filters without resorting to the my personal nightmare Blender Smile

Thanks again! (I just don't like Blender... Razz)
Re: <FIXED> Non-manifold solid? [message #5296 is a reply to message #5295 ] Sun, 19 July 2009 12:17 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
I hear you, Blender can be more than just a little daunting to get a grip on for the uninitiated. I like Meshlab as well for a few of it's functions (filters) I just wish there was better documentation on it. Glad you figured it out! Very Happy

Previous Topic:size problems (STL and WRL exports)
Next Topic:Klein Bottles!

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.