Home »  » General Discussion » How do you model multiple parts?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
How do you model multiple parts? [message #56135] Mon, 29 October 2012 00:09 UTC Go to next message
avatar megmaltese  is currently offline megmaltese
Go to my shop
I see there are in the shops objects with multiple parts, like rings with balls in them and other fancy stuff like that.

My idea is to make these parts connected to the main model with a thin wire, that will break easily and free the connected parts.

Is it the right way or is there a better way to do it?

Abide.
Re: How do you model multiple parts? [message #56142 is a reply to message #56135 ] Mon, 29 October 2012 08:41 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Dragoman  is currently offline Dragoman
Go to my shop
That will generally work. For many materials, typically plastics, it is possible to make it in separate parts. Check out the material description sheets on what's allowed.

Greetings
Dragoman
Re: How do you model multiple parts? [message #56144 is a reply to message #56135 ] Mon, 29 October 2012 08:48 UTC Go to previous message
avatar megmaltese  is currently offline megmaltese
Go to my shop
Thank you, I'm checking Smile

Abide.

Previous Topic:Searching on Key Words
Next Topic:Some general info request

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.