Home » Community » Work in progress » I print your model!
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
I print your model! [message #56116] Sun, 28 October 2012 18:35 UTC Go to next message
avatar MitchellJetten  is currently offline MitchellJetten
Go to all my models
I work here
Hey all,

Wanted to share my little project I'm working on Very Happy

At events there is one particular question I've heard many times:
"do you have a 3d printer with you, can I see it?"

Ofcourse, as you can understand our printers are really big, and if we take them to events, we can't keep printing the models as efficient as we would like.
So how about 3D printing our machines in Full Color Sandstone to show you which printer prints your models.

So here is one teaser of our biggest printer, "The Beast" which prints White Strong & Flexible:

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/7409/56977108.jpg

Kind regards,

Mitchell Jetten
Customer Service Coordinator
Shapeways
Re: I print your model! [message #56118 is a reply to message #56116 ] Sun, 28 October 2012 19:13 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Shapie Expert
I trust that the finished project will not just be a model of the printer sitting idle, but rather one
of it halfway through printing a model of itself printing... (you get the idea Very Happy )
Re: I print your model! [message #56120 is a reply to message #56118 ] Sun, 28 October 2012 19:57 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Jettuh  is currently offline Jettuh
Go to my shop
Unfortunately with WSF you won't see the models that have been printed already as they are covered with powder
However, as you can see in the picture of the printer, it's currently heating a new layer (which is why it's so light in the printer)

With the other machine that prints our FUD models, you can see the models being printed:
index.php?t=getfile&id=22213&private=0

edit: hmm i just spotted that i used my personal account for this post Smile
It's me, Mitchell Jetten

[Updated on: Sun, 28 October 2012 21:09 UTC]

Re: I print your model! [message #56468 is a reply to message #56120 ] Thu, 08 November 2012 11:00 UTC Go to previous message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Awesome project Smile

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways

Previous Topic:XXX Klassy sculpture 'Kisses Love Amsterdam Sex '
Next Topic:Will this print? + What do you think?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.