Home » Community » Post Production Techniques » metal coating on WSF
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
metal coating on WSF [message #56081] Sun, 28 October 2012 02:09 UTC Go to next message
avatar ocb  is currently offline ocb
Go to my shop
index.php?t=getfile&id=22178&private=0]this is a print painted with bronze metal coating from scupt nouveau, patinated, and sealed. i did use a primer but i don't think it was necessary, the coating goes on pretty thick, and i would probably try and thin it a bit next time. lots of options to be explored here, i think.

http://www.sculptnouveau.com/Details.cfm?ProdID=42&categ ory=6

• Attachment: IMG_0360.jpg
    (Size: 124.19KB, Downloaded 415 time(s))

[Updated on: Sun, 28 October 2012 02:11 UTC]

Re: metal coating on WSF [message #56543 is a reply to message #56081 ] Fri, 09 November 2012 09:17 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Looks like and interesting range of products they have - now to find a UK supplier Smile

Paul

Re: metal coating on WSF [message #56581 is a reply to message #56543 ] Fri, 09 November 2012 23:34 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stannum  is currently offline stannum
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Acrylic binder... from any art shop, all good brands have paint mediums or heavy gels. Ground metal... from casting companies, look for cold cast fillers (or just fillers). Also from art shops, some carry aluminum and other metals to make metallic paints.
Re: metal coating on WSF [message #56601 is a reply to message #56581 ] Sat, 10 November 2012 10:56 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Yep that's what I figured after reading the various write-ups about the aforementiond brand (there are other brands too), however a system that is already commercially available is more attractive to me as I don't need to spend time (& money) figuring out proportions, consistency & finishes.

Paul

Re: metal coating on WSF [message #80739 is a reply to message #56601 ] Sat, 07 December 2013 20:34 UTC Go to previous message
avatar rubyscooby  is currently offline rubyscooby
Go to my shop
A company called Modern Masters Metal Effects in the US has different Patinas that react to thier metal paint. I just bought some and will try it out on a small WSF piece this weekend. I am going to use 2 coats of primer first. I'll post pixs

ruby

Previous Topic:Painted Pearlized WSF
Next Topic:Suitable Material for Pewter Moulds?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.