Home » Community » It arrived! » dragonfly!
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
dragonfly! [message #55947] Fri, 26 October 2012 01:29 UTC Go to next message
avatar ocb  is currently offline ocb
Go to my shop
very happy with this print! took a couple of tries to get the wire size right but well worth it. modeled in groboto if you're interested. going to be using this as the basis for some sculptures.
index.php?t=getfile&id=22079&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=22080&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=22081&private=0

• Attachment: IMG_0352.jpg
    (Size: 86.66KB, Downloaded 399 time(s))

• Attachment: IMG_0356.jpg
    (Size: 91.07KB, Downloaded 375 time(s))

• Attachment: IMG_0357.jpg
    (Size: 80.38KB, Downloaded 382 time(s))

[Updated on: Fri, 26 October 2012 12:37 UTC] by Moderator

Re: dragonfly! [message #55964 is a reply to message #55947 ] Fri, 26 October 2012 12:38 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Nice work, I added your pics to your post as it will get more attention that way.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: dragonfly! [message #56074 is a reply to message #55947 ] Sat, 27 October 2012 23:38 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Tigermoth  is currently offline Tigermoth
Go to my shop
Nice work!
I am very interested to try this program.
I have read some people have problems with the learning curve/lack of tutorials available. How easily did you pick it up?
Re: dragonfly! [message #56077 is a reply to message #56074 ] Sun, 28 October 2012 01:35 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ocb  is currently offline ocb
Go to my shop
index.php?t=getfile&id=22176&private=0thanks! honestly i found the learning curve to be pretty steep with groboto. from what i understand the development team is pretty small and they don't have much time to allot to documentation. however it is a pretty unique program and once you get the hang of it it is really fun to work with, and capable of making some very cool models. the flex form tools are very useful for manipulating and posing your creations.

i found these videos to be the most helpful: http://www.groboto.com/betamovies/index.html the devs also answer questions on their forums. i would definitely recommend this program, but be prepared to spend some time with it. also here is a shot of the dragonfly model as it appears in groboto. have fun!

Re: dragonfly! [message #56132 is a reply to message #56077 ] Sun, 28 October 2012 23:29 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Tigermoth  is currently offline Tigermoth
Go to my shop
Cheers ocb.
Giving the trial a shot as we speak...yr right though, The ui is...uh, unique. So the tutorials are important!
I like the potential it has though, as a bit of a subd/Modo hack, it seems to compliment this kind of modeling perfectly.
Great price too!
Re: dragonfly! [message #56207 is a reply to message #56132 ] Fri, 02 November 2012 02:40 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar carine  is currently offline carine
Go to all my models
I work here
This is incredible!

Director of Marketing, Shapeways
Re: dragonfly! [message #56311 is a reply to message #55947 ] Mon, 05 November 2012 15:08 UTC Go to previous message
avatar tiny purple treehouse  is currently offline tiny purple treehouse
Go to my shop
Wow this looks really nice!
Awesome work!
Maybe a smaller version would be nice as a pendant or brooch?

adorable 3D-printed jewelry
facebook.com/tinypurpletreehouse
tinyblueapartment.blogspot.nl/

Previous Topic:Shapeway US facility should be ashamed of it
Next Topic:A small head and some bowls

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.