Home » Community » Shapeways Shops » Shop mods wish list
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Shop mods wish list [message #5264] Thu, 16 July 2009 16:04 UTC Go to next message
avatar gibell  is currently offline gibell
Go to my shop
1. Longer product titles (as mentioned before).
2. Allow paragraphs in descriptions.
3. Allow the shop owner to change the order of appearance of the products, in the "default" state. This is not possible now, is it? They are just sorted by date I think.
4. Allow the user to change the number of rows displayed. Perhaps in some kind of user settings or defaults page?

[Updated on: Thu, 16 July 2009 16:26 UTC]

Re: Shop mods wish list [message #5332 is a reply to message #5264 ] Tue, 21 July 2009 13:15 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Here are some of mine
Ratings based on design not showed in the shop, separate ratings only for people that have actually bought the model.
(seen this before but) the ability to have separate sections in your shop, such as jewelry, mechanical, whatever.
Maybe an Amazon like, people who bought this also bought this.
Price on the main selection page. Nothing worse then when you are like wow I really like that, click on it and see the price tag.
A shops button on the main bar on shapeways.
All I can think of right now.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Shop mods wish list [message #5347 is a reply to message #5264 ] Tue, 21 July 2009 17:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar woody64  is currently offline woody64
Go to my shop
I would appretiate to place a link on the shop description page to add additional shop infos like:
- Terms And Conditions
- Reference Pictures
- Stories ...
Please take into consideration that only a link is needed (the pages can then also lie on another server
Woody64

[Updated on: Tue, 21 July 2009 17:38 UTC]

More then 7500 items sold over SW (but still a hobby)
Minifigcustomsin3d at: Facebook Flickr
References: 3d Printing Industries, CNN, J. Burks, Ugly Duckling, M.Evans, Stop Motion Film,Computer BILD
Re: Shop mods wish list [message #5524 is a reply to message #5332 ] Wed, 29 July 2009 14:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Youknowwho4eva wrote on Tue, 21 July 2009 13:15

Here are some of mine
Ratings based on design not showed in the shop, separate ratings only for people that have actually bought the model.
(seen this before but) the ability to have separate sections in your shop, such as jewelry, mechanical, whatever.
Maybe an Amazon like, people who bought this also bought this.
Price on the main selection page. Nothing worse then when you are like wow I really like that, click on it and see the price tag.
A shops button on the main bar on shapeways.
All I can think of right now.

To add on to my Ratings thing. Maybe Require a comment based on the vote. Someone knocked my Leonardo Da Vinci model down to 3 stars with no reason left. Who would vote that low on a Da Vinci? WHY? It would be nice to know such things to make sure there isn't some jerk just going around voting low for shits and giggles. And what technically is the rating for? Is it just for looks? You can't tell the functionality from looking at the image or even spinning it in 3D. Just kind of frustrated that someone can spit on your design, lower your rep, and you don't see the culprit or get a reason.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Shop mods wish list [message #5763 is a reply to message #5524 ] Mon, 10 August 2009 13:31 UTC Go to previous message
avatar arno  is currently offline arno
Go to all my models
@gibell:
> 1. Longer product titles (as mentioned before).
Check: longer titles are displayed when using the new listview.

> 3. Allow the shop owner to change the order of appearance of the products, in the "default" state. This is not possible now, is it? They are just sorted by date I think.
Check: Within the shop management page you can give your products an order. This order is shown by default when visiting a shop.

> 4. Allow the user to change the number of rows displayed. Perhaps in some kind of user settings or defaults page?
Check: Each user can choose how may rows of thumbs (in gallery mode) or results (in list mode) are displayed.

Sorry for number 2 Wink

@Youknowwho4eva
> Price on the main selection page. Nothing worse then when you are like wow I really like that, click on it and see the price tag.
Check: Prices are displayed in the galleries. (The price displayed is the from price)

Kind regards, Arno

Previous Topic:Small bug in product pages
Next Topic:No notification when multiple copies are bought

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.