Home » Community » General Discussion » Is there a general template for Shapeways?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Is there a general template for Shapeways? [message #55926] Thu, 25 October 2012 17:01 UTC Go to next message
avatar jardane  is currently offline jardane
Go to all my models
I am new to this website and i love the idea, i am a decent 3D modeler and i would love a template file that has the scale all set up. I use 3Ds max so if someone could either show me where to find a template or tell me how to set up the scale right i would be very grateful!
Re: Is there a general template for Shapeways? [message #55928 is a reply to message #55926 ] Thu, 25 October 2012 17:03 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
Check out the 3D applications section, there are loads of posts on how to use Max with Shapeways, including a price calculator!

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Is there a general template for Shapeways? [message #55942 is a reply to message #55928 ] Thu, 25 October 2012 19:39 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Fredd  is currently offline Fredd
Go to all my models
If its setting unit scale, Shapeways recognizes the scale you set with a .dae upload. Its saves lots of confusion with scale factors.

Keith

Have any questions regarding Blender, and need fast answers, you are always welcome at the IRC Server Freenode, channel #blender. As a bonus, several there have experience in modelling for 3D prints.

Keith
Re: Is there a general template for Shapeways? [message #55982 is a reply to message #55942 ] Fri, 26 October 2012 15:55 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar jardane  is currently offline jardane
Go to all my models
Can you explain that any better? i don't want to upload a file for a necklace and see they think it's a statue.
Re: Is there a general template for Shapeways? [message #56096 is a reply to message #55982 ] Sun, 28 October 2012 08:28 UTC Go to previous message
avatar dsinne  is currently offline dsinne
Go to my shop
hello jardane, i've been trying to find some templates as reference for the sizes, as well. If you're using 3Dsmax i think the best possible route is to just set your units to milllimeter (mm) that way you can measure anything you want to create in the real world using a real ruler. hope this helps

visit www.dsinne.com for more info

Previous Topic:Rings and Blender
Next Topic:Eye Glass Frames