Update to Shapeways Shop Owner Pages with Sales Overview Download

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by 139400_deleted, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Hey everyone!

There's one thing that a Shapeways shop owner loves (almost) as much as sales, and that is data. A few weeks ago we introduced an improved 'My Sales' page. Today, we're improving the Sales Overview Download (XLS). You can find it on your 'My Shop' page: </a>. The Sales Overview Download (XLS) will let you see what models your selling, the material your selling them in, when the models you sell ship, the country your models are being shipped to, and a lot more data. We encourage you to download the Sales Overview Download and take a look for yourself.

With this data you will be able to create your own shop analytics which can help you improve the performance of your shop. We will of course be improving the tools on your Shapeways Shop page to make it much easier for you to have insight into what is selling in your shop so you can optimize for sales.

If you do not already have a Shapeways Shop it is easy to set one up right here: <a href="https://www.shapeways.com/shop" target="_blank">
    . It is free, and you can start making money from your designs while Shapeways takes care of sales, fabrication, distribution and customer service.

Have questions, comments, concerns, or feedback? We want to hear them! Let us know right here in the forums!

2. virtox
    virtox Active Member Moderator
    Love the new abundance of information!
    Dates times, locations, files etc it's all here :D

:nod:

3. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    For those of you who have been shop owners for some time... Please be aware: the Sheet does (may) not include ALL your historical orders. This is a known "feature".

My personal sheet contains a few orders from May and June of 2011, then jumps forward to November of 2011, with all customer ordered items since then. I've verified that the sales since Nov 18, 2011 match completely to the old spreadsheet, but the old sales (from 2010) are not in there.

For my own purposes, this does not bother me in the least... I have the old spreadsheets and will gladly work forward with what I've got.

I'm VERY grateful to the team for adding the columns that they did. THANKS!

It's rather cool to know that I have so many German customers.. whodathunkit?

4. Dragoman
    Dragoman Member
    Yippee!

Dragoman

5. Magic
    Magic Well-Known Member
    Nice!
    I particularly love the country column. I had no idea where my market was before. Now I know...

Customer Country..........#items
    --------------------------------
    United States................116
    Switzerland...................20
    United Kingdom.................8
    Belgium........................7
    Sweden.........................4
    Netherlands....................4
    Germany........................3
    Canada.........................2
    Finland........................2
    Denmark........................1
    Australia......................1
    --------------------------------
    Total........................168

Thank you Shapeways!

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  6. pete
    pete Shapeways Employee CEO
    Glad you like the new download and extra information. We know you want more information and you will see that over time we will be adding more and more information enabling you to become more and more successful.

Thanks for your support and patience.

Pete

7. glehn
    glehn Well-Known Member
    Very interesting indeed. This data will certainly influence my decisions regarding future products...
    My sales per country:
    USA - 58%
    Japan - 11%
    UK - 7%
    Czech Rep - 6%
    Germany - 6%
    Netherlands - 4%
    Uruguay - 3%
    Finland - 3%
    France - 2%

Regards,
    Luis

8. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    Incredibly cool to have the country info:

United States - 65.7%
    Germany - 19.4%
    Canada - 4.1%
    United Kingdom - 3%
    Sweden - 1.9%
    Netherlands - 1.9%
    France - 1.1%
    Australia - 0.9%
    Finland - 0.6%
    Austria - 0.6%
    Switzerland 0.4%
    Japan - 0.2%
    Greece - 0.2%
    Brazil - 0.2%

To ALL my customers.. THANKS!

9. woody64
    woody64 Well-Known Member
    Yes, it contains now some very important infos. For me are:
    - material
    - name of stl file
    - quantity
    - country

Very usefull.

Any chance to get also the old data in, since that isn't any longer available?
    Woody64