Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » A small final task in a model
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
A small final task in a model [message #55846] Wed, 24 October 2012 10:51 UTC Go to next message
avatar sans_fi  is currently offline sans_fi
Go to all my models
I have made a model that I have checked its healed and works fine. Its uploaded on the site here:

What I would like now is to give the model textures and save it as a vrml, but I dont seem to be able to do it. I tried, but when I reopen de model its just black.

I upload here the fixed model in rhinoceros and a netfabb project with each part as the color it should be (I dont know wich one might be more useful). The colors are the ones you can see on those models, just plain colors, not textures. If you need another reference, here is the reference I took for the model:

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/1279/2141211-umbrella.p ng

[Updated on: Wed, 24 October 2012 11:10 UTC]

Re: A small final task in a model [message #55892 is a reply to message #55846 ] Wed, 24 October 2012 22:29 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Fredd  is currently offline Fredd
Go to all my models
A stl file format has no color info included, just the mesh. You need to export the original file in a format that saves materials(colors) then export as a x3D(VMRL2).

Have any questions regarding Blender, and need fast answers, you are always welcome at the IRC Server Freenode, channel #blender. As a bonus, several there have experience in modelling for 3D prints.

Keith
Re: A small final task in a model [message #55893 is a reply to message #55892 ] Wed, 24 October 2012 22:38 UTC Go to previous message
avatar JACANT  is currently offline JACANT
Go to my shop
Here's a tutorial you may find useful.
http://www.shapeways.com/tutorials/exporting_to_vrml_and_x3d _for_color_printing

jacantdesign@gmail.com

Previous Topic:Looking for a Modeler for special project...Panties
Next Topic:Web Shooters.

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.