Home » Community » General Discussion » Question: Silicone Bracelets (i.e., Livestrong, etc.)
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Question: Silicone Bracelets (i.e., Livestrong, etc.) [message #55800] Tue, 23 October 2012 14:15 UTC Go to next message
avatar randomblink  is currently offline randomblink
Go to my shop
I try to stay on top of custom, print-on-demand options available on the web...
Shapeways, LuLu, e-Patches, etc...

But someone stumped me yesterday and I am hoping my extended, creative family called Shapways Community might have an answer.

Someone I know wants to create a custom silicone bracelet design ( think the livestrong bracelets ) but rather than order and sell from his house, he wants to create the design, add a profit amount and send people the link.

At first I thought that Shapeways would be perfect... I THOUGHT I had remembered a silicone bracelet looking development years ago, but now I can't find anything like it.

Anyone got an idea? Either here at Shapeways or somewhere else?

Welcome to Costco, I love you.
Re: Question: Silicone Bracelets (i.e., Livestrong, etc.) [message #55807 is a reply to message #55800 ] Tue, 23 October 2012 15:31 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Shapeways tested a flexible material, but it suffered from several issues:
- thick walls
- poor color adherance
- colors would wear off
- inconsistent print quality

They offered to bring it back when the technology catches up.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products

Previous Topic:Factory of the Future / NY / When and What.....
Next Topic:FORM 1 delivers high-end 3D printing for an affordable price, meets Kickstarter goal in 1 day

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.