Home » Community » Shapeways Shops » I'd love to be able to change the angle of my object in the 3D rendered image on my shop
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
I'd love to be able to change the angle of my object in the 3D rendered image on my shop [message #55538] Wed, 17 October 2012 22:31 UTC Go to next message
avatar LincolnK  is currently offline LincolnK
Go to my shop
I'd love to be able to change the angle of my object in the 3D rendered image on my shop.

Any chance you guys could work that into the shop functions?

It is really rare that the models I upload are facing the best way in the rendered image. Any chance you could allow us, when editing the product's page, to select a view for that rendered image?

Thanks,

Lincoln

For special discounts and news add us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Craftosterone
www.Craftosterone.com
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/novakingway
icon14.gif  Re: I'd love to be able to change the angle of my object in the 3D rendered image on my shop [message #56102 is a reply to message #55538 ] Sun, 28 October 2012 11:52 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Salorian  is currently offline Salorian
Go to all my models
YES, I aggree on that wish too !
Almost all of my models uploaded are in an awkward angle, don´t have a clue, how to change this.
Thus my models are upward down, facing back, facing down, facing anywhere, but rarely into the right direction.
Re: I'd love to be able to change the angle of my object in the 3D rendered image on my shop [message #56105 is a reply to message #56102 ] Sun, 28 October 2012 14:13 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Download Netfabb Basic from www.netfabb.com.
Open the STL
Select Part/Rotate.
Pick your rotation....
Right click the item, select Export/STL
Enter the filename
Upload to Shapeways
done!

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: I'd love to be able to change the angle of my object in the 3D rendered image on my shop [message #56128 is a reply to message #56105 ] Sun, 28 October 2012 22:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar LincolnK  is currently offline LincolnK
Go to my shop
That's not the as good as being able to adjust it on SW's site.

2 reasons:

1) You then have to re-upload the model which is a bit of time waster, especially if you do models with a lot of polys (which I usually do)

2) Netfabb doesn't work with .wrl files which is what I wanted to adjust when I posted this. So anyone doing full color sandstone models can't adjust them in Netfabb

Lincoln

For special discounts and news add us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Craftosterone
www.Craftosterone.com
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/novakingway
Re: I'd love to be able to change the angle of my object in the 3D rendered image on my shop [message #56133 is a reply to message #56128 ] Sun, 28 October 2012 23:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
I agree that having a choice on the site wouild be helpful.
I was just mentioning the interim solution for those who "need it now". Very Happy

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: I'd love to be able to change the angle of my object in the 3D rendered image on my shop [message #56453 is a reply to message #56133 ] Wed, 07 November 2012 22:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar woody64  is currently offline woody64
Go to my shop
There was also a change raised on the feedback side asking for that.

Re: I'd love to be able to change the angle of my object in the 3D rendered image on my shop [message #56470 is a reply to message #56128 ] Thu, 08 November 2012 11:02 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Hi Lincoln,

yes, we're aware of this request. It's on the list, but as far as I know it hasn't been prioritized yet (freely translated: we have decided that some other issues are more important to be fixed first).

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: I'd love to be able to change the angle of my object in the 3D rendered image on my shop [message #57370 is a reply to message #55538 ] Sat, 24 November 2012 04:55 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar KIM-M. Unique Designs  â„¢  is currently offline KIM-M. Unique Designs â„¢
Go to my shop
Almost every 3D modeling program has some sort of rendering option. It's not so time consuming to take a render in Shapeways 501x674px dimensions, and you get to set up all angles you want.

[Updated on: Sat, 24 November 2012 05:01 UTC]

Re: I'd love to be able to change the angle of my object in the 3D rendered image on my shop [message #57379 is a reply to message #57370 ] Sat, 24 November 2012 12:46 UTC Go to previous message
avatar woody64  is currently offline woody64
Go to my shop
Simple, I'm using the original shapeway's render and want to have the same look and feel for all angles.

Previous Topic:Happy Black Friday
Next Topic:Materials and Inventory

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.