Home » Support » Bug Reporting » Price system is totally confusing me :(
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Price system is totally confusing me :( [message #55506] Wed, 17 October 2012 16:49 UTC Go to next message
avatar AceD  is currently offline AceD
Go to my shop
Hello,

i'm totally confuse by the price system now Confused
I ordered one of my own models on Sept. 27 for 26,14 Euro.
If i would buy it today it would cost me 30,33 Euro now.
That's a difference from 4,19 Euro Shocked
I know that the conversion rate from dollar to euro is updated once a month but looking at the prices now, the rate must be almost something like 1.5 and the rate was never that high!!

A second one i noticed and don't understand is the price in edit mode from the models, it's always lower.
In edit mode my model in Gold Plated Glossy for example costs 25.49EUR but in normal mode the price is set to 30.33EUR, and no MarkUp was added yet.

So how is all this calculated?

Re: Price system is totally confusing me :( [message #55508 is a reply to message #55506 ] Wed, 17 October 2012 17:16 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
19% VAT whereever you are ? At least that is the difference between 25.49 and 30.33.
Could the earlier 26-odd price have been in edit mode as well ? That would sort-of fit
in with a slowly rising Euro making things cheapier "in the old world".
Re: Price system is totally confusing me :( [message #55509 is a reply to message #55506 ] Wed, 17 October 2012 17:17 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
For your conversion, The Euro has been dropping compared to the dollar, I don't know the rate though.

For your price difference, are you looking at the "From:" price? This shows the price in the cheapest material available. So it would show the price of a cheaper material than gold plated. Such as when I look at your "SUPERNATURAL Dean's Amulet REPLICA" I see From: $37.97, then when I click on it, you have gold listed as the default so it appears to jump to $39.47. But when I click the material drop down I see that the $37.97 is the price for plain stainless.

Your friendly neighborhood Moderman
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Price system is totally confusing me :( [message #55524 is a reply to message #55508 ] Wed, 17 October 2012 18:25 UTC Go to previous message
avatar AceD  is currently offline AceD
Go to my shop
mkroeker wrote on Wed, 17 October 2012 17:16

19% VAT whereever you are ? At least that is the difference between 25.49 and 30.33.
Could the earlier 26-odd price have been in edit mode as well ? That would sort-of fit
in with a slowly rising Euro making things cheapier "in the old world".

Oh yes, that's it. Didn't thought about the VAT thing.
Thanks! Problem solved Smile

Previous Topic:PayPal (yes, again)
Next Topic:STL's Do Not Update

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.