Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Community » It arrived! » My iPhone5 Contest Entry: Tetrahedral iPhone5 Stand
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
My iPhone5 Contest Entry: Tetrahedral iPhone5 Stand [message #55420] Tue, 16 October 2012 06:09 UTC
avatar japhyr  is currently offline japhyr
Go to my shop
I was excited to see the iPhone 5 accessory contest, and here is my entry. It's a stand, inspired by simple molecular geometry.

index.php?t=getfile&id=21744&private=0
Side view.

index.php?t=getfile&id=21745&private=0
Front view.

index.php?t=getfile&id=21746&private=0
I hollowed out the bottom to make it lighter and cheaper, but kept a thin lip to make sure the base was stiff enough to support the phone well.

index.php?t=getfile&id=21747&private=0
I live in southeast Alaska, and there are not many iPhone 5's here yet. I had to visit an AT&T store to snap a picture of the stand with a phone. Staff at the store loved the stand, and had never seen anything made with a 3d printer before.

I don't have any notions of winning the contest, but it was fun to make an entry, and fun to visit the AT&T store for a picture. Next time I'll take a picture of staff looking at the stand.

- Eric

Previous Topic:Invisible Shrunken Heads
Next Topic:Physical Sprites

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.