Home » Support » Suggestions » It's Time to Stop Using UPS--(we did! USPS inside)
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Re: It's Time to Stop Using UPS [message #78461 is a reply to message #78453 ] Fri, 08 November 2013 04:35 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar FreeRangeBrain  is currently offline FreeRangeBrain
Go to my shop
"... no more UPS to Canada!"

Bless your blessed, collective hearts! I don't mind the slightly slower service if it means I can escape UPS brokerage fees.

UPS has actually been pretty good in delivering quickly. (NY to Edmonton overnight? Wow!) The latest shipments, however, have been substantially slower. This last shipment is now in "limbo" bouncing between truck and depot in Edmonton for two days now. They claim the "buisiness was closed" and couldn't deliver yesterday. Big. Fat. Lie. It was to be delivered to my workplace, to the receiving department. They were rather expressly OPEN at the time UPS claims they were closed. Yes, I intend to call them out on it tomorrow, as they didn't manage to deliver today either.

Creativity - sometimes by the brute force method.
Re: It's Time to Stop Using UPS [message #78465 is a reply to message #78453 ] Fri, 08 November 2013 08:42 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
YESSSSSSS!

I can't tell you how pleased I am that we can offer you this now Smile Also, I hope it goes to show that we DO listen to you and no, we don't get annoyed if you keep repeating your complaints. On the contrary - bring them on, this gives us more leverage to improve things!

natalia wrote on Fri, 08 November 2013 01:39

[size=3]I HAVE BEEN WAITING TO TELL YOU THIS FOR DAYS NOW!! Do you know how hard it was to keep this secret?! But we had to implement a WHOLE new shipping provider into our system so that took some time as you can imagine. Now it's here YAY!!

+1 Smile

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: It's Time to Stop Using UPS [message #78470 is a reply to message #78465 ] Fri, 08 November 2013 10:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar glehn  is currently offline glehn
Go to my shop
That's great news... for canadians.
Any plans to have USPS as an option to other countries as well? I am particularly concerned with Brazil...
For us, besides the brokerage fee (around 10 dollars), taxes are higher when importing goods through a carrier rather than the post office.
Brazilian import taxes are 60% over the item price plus shipping. When importing through UPS they add another 18% on top of that for a state tax. When you add all this, in the end, it costs us twice the price to get the item in our hands. Sad
Because of that, I am pretty sure Shapeways currently does not have many brazilian customers...

Regards,
Luis
Re: It's Time to Stop Using UPS [message #78471 is a reply to message #78461 ] Fri, 08 November 2013 10:56 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
FreeRangeBrain wrote on Fri, 08 November 2013 04:35

........ The latest shipments, however, have been substantially slower. This last shipment is now in "limbo" bouncing between truck and depot in Edmonton for two days now.....

I would assume that is because it was likely shipped by Ground. When all this first started I sent my package back with the driver to have his office explain the triple-high COD charges. He did so, and once I got my answer I decided to bite the bullet and pay the fees and thus requested a re-ship back to me. This has been indicated in the online tracking info and yet the package has been locked in a depot for over a week now... Screw 'em. Keep it. It'll actually be less of a loss than if they did deliver it and I had to try and sell it...

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: It's Time to Stop Using UPS [message #78501 is a reply to message #78465 ] Fri, 08 November 2013 16:24 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Kimotion  is currently offline Kimotion
Go to my shop
I can't emphasize how important this was: until now I only bought my own products to test them before selling them. Now I feel more free to actually SHOP and get other shopowners' items!
Re: It's Time to Stop Using UPS [message #78503 is a reply to message #55350 ] Fri, 08 November 2013 16:29 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar natalia  is currently offline natalia
Go to all my models
I work here
glehn - thanks for letting us know about Brazil. Now that we have two shipping providers, we have even more options and Im sure we will continue to improve shipping options for all our customers worldwide Smile

Shapeways Community Manager
Re: It's Time to Stop Using UPS [message #78520 is a reply to message #78471 ] Fri, 08 November 2013 18:35 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar FreeRangeBrain  is currently offline FreeRangeBrain
Go to my shop
Quote:

I would assume that is because it was likely shipped by Ground.

Actually, this one came via air (unless someone was bookin' it big time between Secaucus, NJ and Louisville, KY), though not as direct a route as previous shipments.

Creativity - sometimes by the brute force method.
Re: It's Time to Stop Using UPS [message #81427 is a reply to message #78520 ] Tue, 17 December 2013 03:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lancer525  is currently offline lancer525
Go to all my models
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/oddnews/android-tablet-delivered -by-ups-left--%e2%80%98in-black-trash-can%e2%80%99-215157631 .html?soc_src=copy

Try this on for size... And read some of the comments as well...

It's a good thing that there are now other options besides UPS.

As I've said from the beginning, I will NEVER spend money with ANY company that requires me to use UPS.

And the news story linked above explains why.
Re: It's Time to Stop Using UPS [message #100130 is a reply to message #78470 ] Thu, 02 October 2014 19:23 UTC Go to previous message
avatar leandroarndt  is currently offline leandroarndt
Go to my shop
glehn wrote on Fri, 08 November 2013 10:21

That's great news... for canadians.
Any plans to have USPS as an option to other countries as well? I am particularly concerned with Brazil...
For us, besides the brokerage fee (around 10 dollars), taxes are higher when importing goods through a carrier rather than the post office.
Brazilian import taxes are 60% over the item price plus shipping. When importing through UPS they add another 18% on top of that for a state tax. When you add all this, in the end, it costs us twice the price to get the item in our hands. Sad
Because of that, I am pretty sure Shapeways currently does not have many brazilian customers...

Regards,
Luis

I second you, Luis! Taxes here total 87.2% if shipped through courier (UPS). Aside of this, UPS adds a US$ 15.00 fee for anticipated payment of taxes and US$ 10.00 for discovering our taxpayer number (it could simply call us at the phone number indicated by Shapeways, but it doesn't). If one wants to buy a cross bookmark for US$ 2.90, he/she will have to pay US$ 19.90 for freight costs and US$ 25.00 for UPS fees. In my case, I paid US$ 29.00 to print my first order, but more than US$ 89.00 to bring it to Brazil, of which US$ 54.90 were paid to UPS. If Shapeways used USPS or the Netherlander official postal service, we would pay R$ 12,00 (less than US$ 5.00) for customs clearance services.

PS: I wasn't informed beforehand of the UPS US$ 25.00 fee.

[Updated on: Thu, 02 October 2014 19:28 UTC]

Leandro Arndt
Cristão 3D

Pages (5): [ «    1  2  3  4  5] 

Previous Topic:Hallmarking
Next Topic:Suggestion - with Metalic price increase, consider a Grey-ish SF??

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.