Home » Support » 3D Printing » Largest printing size
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Largest printing size [message #55217] Thu, 11 October 2012 19:42 UTC Go to next message
avatar AdaptiveArtist  is currently offline AdaptiveArtist
Go to all my models
Hi Guys,

What is the largest envelope which you can print? Does it depend on the type of material?

Looking to do some sculpture based on the human form, and would prefer to work life-size.

Thanks.
Re: Largest printing size [message #55219 is a reply to message #55217 ] Thu, 11 October 2012 19:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
The largest printer has a build area of 660x350x550mm. If you want to go larger than that, you'll have to cut up your model and glue the prints together. That build area is for WSF, which is very porous and easy to glue together.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Largest printing size [message #55220 is a reply to message #55217 ] Thu, 11 October 2012 19:48 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar JACANT  is currently offline JACANT
Go to my shop
It does depend on the material. chose the material you want from the link and it will show the max bounding box size.
http://www.shapeways.com/materials

jacantdesign@gmail.com
Re: Largest printing size [message #55425 is a reply to message #55219 ] Tue, 16 October 2012 10:42 UTC Go to previous message
avatar AdaptiveArtist  is currently offline AdaptiveArtist
Go to all my models
Thanks for your helpful reply.
Can this material be cut, or otherwise shaped afterwards?
And how does it respond to being painted?

Thanks and regards.

Previous Topic:Why No Loose Parts?
Next Topic:Plugging pieces together - HELP!

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.