Why can't I print this in glass?

Discussion in 'Materials' started by dcltdw, Oct 11, 2012.

1. dcltdw
    dcltdw Member
    Hi, all.

This model is relatively large and solid, so I'm trying to figure out why it currently cannot be printed in glass. Any ideas why that is? Looking at the guidelines, my model is within the min/max bounding boxes, and the cross-arms are greater than 3mm -- so I'm not sure why I don't get the option.

Attached Files:

• qc2.dae

File size:
      159.5 KB
      Views:
  2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    When you look at the item in edit mode, you should be able to scroll down the materials to glass. If there is a ! mouse over that and it will tell you why. Do you have a link to the item?

3. dcltdw
    dcltdw Member
  4. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Ah this thing again? :laughing: I think there is a typo on the min bounding box. I'll check on it and let you know.

5. dcltdw
    dcltdw Member
    Yup! I got it to work, at least for most of the materials (apparently), but not glass, which left me puzzled.

Now I'm also trying to make it hollow, but that's for a separate thread. :)

6. dcltdw
    dcltdw Member
    Any update on this? Glass is still not appearing as an option.

7. 20201_deleted
    20201_deleted Member
    I've no idea why this part would have been rejected or not available in glass. Unless the 3"d exceeds the size limit set by SW. However, for my money I'd look into having these water jet cut from glass sheet. I'm fairly certain it would cost less, and esthetically, plate glass might be more appealing.