Home » Support » 3D Printing » How do you make the chains/opener for your jewelry? Is it standardized?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
How do you make the chains/opener for your jewelry? Is it standardized? [message #55068] Tue, 09 October 2012 06:44 UTC Go to next message
avatar AndreasGalster  is currently offline AndreasGalster
Go to all my models
http://files.rakuten.de/3391e24ba09e90bed9823fa232b94e24/ima ges/290677021_199266.jpg

How do you make those things + the chains? Can you print this and assemble it together, or are these standardized and don't need to be printed?
Re: How do you make the chains/opener for your jewelry? Is it standardized? [message #55087 is a reply to message #55068 ] Tue, 09 October 2012 14:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva is currently online Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
We don't currently offer chains, and you wouldn't be able to print it in metal. You could print something like that in one of the plastic materials though, if you model it.

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: How do you make the chains/opener for your jewelry? Is it standardized? [message #55088 is a reply to message #55087 ] Tue, 09 October 2012 14:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar AndreasGalster  is currently offline AndreasGalster
Go to all my models
Is it possible to mix materials? Use metal for the main jewelry and plastic for the chain?
Re: How do you make the chains/opener for your jewelry? Is it standardized? [message #55093 is a reply to message #55068 ] Tue, 09 October 2012 15:02 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva is currently online Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
You would have to order the parts separately and do any assembly yourself, but yes you can get multiple materials. They have to be 2 separate files, and ordered in the separate materials.

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: How do you make the chains/opener for your jewelry? Is it standardized? [message #55323 is a reply to message #55093 ] Sun, 14 October 2012 01:37 UTC Go to previous message
avatar PeregrineStudios  is currently offline PeregrineStudios
Go to my shop
I just create the pendant and purchase chains/closers at Michaels, then sell the pendant on Etsy. I need a higher markup though, and I don't get many sales because of it. Would be great if Shapeways could start offering chains with pendants for a premium.

Previous Topic:Why is something so small, so expensive?
Next Topic:Volume discrepancy question