Shop Sales - Paypal remittances Mark-ups.

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by Phxman, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Phxman
    Phxman Member
    There is a 3½% charge taken by Shapeways for administration and charges
    remitting the balance of Sales to the Shapeways Shop Keeper.

What charges will Paypal then levy on the Shapeways Shop Keeper's Paypal Account
    accepting the payment?

2. mctrivia
    mctrivia Well-Known Member
    Nothing already included in 3% taken by shapeways

3. Phxman
    Phxman Member
    Is a list given, identifying each Buyer, for any follow-up?

4. mctrivia
    No unfortunately there is no option for buyer to give designers contact info.

5. Phxman
    Phxman Member
    The arrangements sound like a pig 'n a poke, with no
    audit of the situation being available - GREAT!

6. mctrivia
    We are told of every sale with markup. they should report sales without markup but that is shapways loop hole to get away from liability and to steal markup from us when they or we mess up. It would be nice to have an option to get back to customers but for aninimity reasons this would be a complicated system to set up correctly and most would probably not opt in anyways.

7. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    Hi Mctrivia,

On your My Sales page, the markup fee is clearly indicated under the Past Payments, Pending Sales, and Confirmed Sales. If you click to download your invoice for each month, each individual sale is listed including the markup fee and any VAT or applicable taxes.

We do not show you line by the line markup fee per sale on the invoice, but the summary.

As for sales without markup - if there is no markup, there is no markup fee charged.

I hope that clarifies it!

Natalia

8. Jettuh
    Jettuh Well-Known Member
    Mctrivia, Sales without markup will be emailed as well.

Just found out myself.. one of my models did not have markup (not sure why :) ):
    As you can see below, no markup is mentioned as the model didn't have markup.

==
    Hi Mitchell,

Congrats! Someone just placed an order from your Shapeways Shop:

2x GTL8 - 1:220 in Frosted Ultra Detail
    If there are any issues, we'll notify you as soon as possible. Otherwise, after we get the green light, we'll start creating your customer's order in our factory of the future and drop you a line when it's being shipped. Please note that your markup will be ready for payment only once the order is shipped.

Thanks for doing your part to make ideas real with 3D printing!

Kind regards,

The Shapeways Service Team
    Ralph, Maartje, Kevin, Christel, Joost, Michon, Mitchell and Gary
    service@shapeways.com

Shapeways
    Made in the future*
    https://www.shapeways.com
    ==