Home » Community » General Discussion » Frosted Ultra Detail Silicon Mold
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Frosted Ultra Detail Silicon Mold [message #54712] Mon, 01 October 2012 21:03 UTC Go to next message
avatar cero  is currently offline cero
Go to my shop
Hey everybody,

I'm trying to create some silicon molds of some Frosted Ultra Detail parts I've created and the silicon keeps sticking to the parts. It's like their too porous. Has anyone done this before? Any suggestions? I'm using the Smooth-on OOMOO 30 and OOMOO 25. If there is a different type of silicon mold mix I should be using? I've lost two batches of molds and the parts are shot, need to order more.

Any help would be good. Thanks!

Cero.
Re: Frosted Ultra Detail Silicon Mold [message #54713 is a reply to message #54712 ] Mon, 01 October 2012 21:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Briggsmodels  is currently offline Briggsmodels
Go to my shop
It does that. Just clean the parts and spray paint them. I always paint these parts, as I sandblast them first as well.
Re: Frosted Ultra Detail Silicon Mold [message #55107 is a reply to message #54712 ] Tue, 09 October 2012 21:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar wiwa  is currently offline wiwa
Go to my shop
I work here
Did you forget the mold release?

wiwa
Re: Frosted Ultra Detail Silicon Mold [message #55122 is a reply to message #55107 ] Wed, 10 October 2012 03:40 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar j8jake  is currently offline j8jake
Go to all my models
you may need to seal it as well as use mold release
http://www.smooth-on.com/index.php?cPath=1371
Re: Frosted Ultra Detail Silicon Mold [message #55138 is a reply to message #55122 ] Wed, 10 October 2012 14:23 UTC Go to previous message
avatar cero  is currently offline cero
Go to my shop
I did use mold release. Is kinda worked, but it still stuck to the mold in spots. I'll try the primer idea next, got to wait until next shipment comes.

Previous Topic:3D Rendering of stainless steel texture
Next Topic:Small Batch Manufacturing

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.