Home » Community » Introductions » Newbie doesn't begin to describe me
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Newbie doesn't begin to describe me [message #54638] Sat, 29 September 2012 13:44 UTC Go to next message
avatar MECP  is currently offline MECP
Go to my shop
I just learned about 3D printing and was amazed. Though I have no knowledge about creating files or design experience (okay, I had some awesome PlayDo and Lego creations in my day) I am very excited to get started learning. I am depending on all your wisdom to get me started. So hello there. You're going to see a lot of me. (I'm not even that good at using forums so be kind.)
Re: Newbie doesn't begin to describe me [message #54653 is a reply to message #54638 ] Sun, 30 September 2012 04:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Jose_narvaez  is currently offline Jose_narvaez
Go to my shop
hello welcome to the communitty Smile
Re: Newbie doesn't begin to describe me [message #54691 is a reply to message #54653 ] Mon, 01 October 2012 00:52 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Very Happy Thanks jimmynar. I'm starting to understand a little more. All the ideas in my head are waiting impatiently for the skills to kick in. I think I'm gonna have lots of fun with this stuff eventually. My caffeine levels have already doubled. Must learn FASTER.
Nice meeting you. Very Happy
Re: Newbie doesn't begin to describe me [message #54739 is a reply to message #54638 ] Tue, 02 October 2012 12:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva is currently online Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
Well if you're good with playdoh and legos, checkout Sculptris and MineCraft. Both are free to use. Sculptris, you start with a ball of clay, and you twist and pull and stretch. MineCraft, you basically build with colored cubes.

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Newbie doesn't begin to describe me [message #54826 is a reply to message #54739 ] Wed, 03 October 2012 23:14 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Thanks for the suggestions. I really have no idea which program to use. Blender terrified me a little. Autodesk 123d is what I was trying to learn. Mostly I'm learning lingo like champfor and extrude. I'll let you know how your suggestions work out. Thanks again. Very Happy

Previous Topic:Where are 3d candle making machines?
Next Topic:Question about game pieces (Settlers of Catan)