Home » Community » Introductions » Newbie doesn't begin to describe me
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Newbie doesn't begin to describe me [message #54638] Sat, 29 September 2012 13:44 UTC Go to next message
avatar MECP  is currently offline MECP
Go to my shop
I just learned about 3D printing and was amazed. Though I have no knowledge about creating files or design experience (okay, I had some awesome PlayDo and Lego creations in my day) I am very excited to get started learning. I am depending on all your wisdom to get me started. So hello there. You're going to see a lot of me. (I'm not even that good at using forums so be kind.)
Re: Newbie doesn't begin to describe me [message #54653 is a reply to message #54638 ] Sun, 30 September 2012 04:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Jose_narvaez  is currently offline Jose_narvaez
Go to my shop
hello welcome to the communitty Smile
Re: Newbie doesn't begin to describe me [message #54691 is a reply to message #54653 ] Mon, 01 October 2012 00:52 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Very Happy Thanks jimmynar. I'm starting to understand a little more. All the ideas in my head are waiting impatiently for the skills to kick in. I think I'm gonna have lots of fun with this stuff eventually. My caffeine levels have already doubled. Must learn FASTER.
Nice meeting you. Very Happy
Re: Newbie doesn't begin to describe me [message #54739 is a reply to message #54638 ] Tue, 02 October 2012 12:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Well if you're good with playdoh and legos, checkout Sculptris and MineCraft. Both are free to use. Sculptris, you start with a ball of clay, and you twist and pull and stretch. MineCraft, you basically build with colored cubes.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Newbie doesn't begin to describe me [message #54826 is a reply to message #54739 ] Wed, 03 October 2012 23:14 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Thanks for the suggestions. I really have no idea which program to use. Blender terrified me a little. Autodesk 123d is what I was trying to learn. Mostly I'm learning lingo like champfor and extrude. I'll let you know how your suggestions work out. Thanks again. Very Happy

Previous Topic:Where are 3d candle making machines?
Next Topic:Question about game pieces (Settlers of Catan)

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.