Limited issue

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by macouno, Sep 24, 2012.

1. macouno
    macouno Member
    Hi,

Just an idea for a feature... In the art business it's very normal to make items limited issue. That makes items much more collectible. Perhaps it's an idea for shapeways to support that concept? I think that it could really add value to certain items.

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    I've had the idea before as well. I was considering using the Co-creator, not to make limited edition, but numbered editions. And even then you could shut it down after so many or so long.

3. BillBedford
    BillBedford Member
    Aren't limited editions part of the old elitist way of doing things?

4. PeregrineStudios
    PeregrineStudios Well-Known Member
    Not necessarily. It could be a commemorative thing. I have a pendant styled after the TriForce from Legend of Zelda in my shop - I initially modelled it for my girlfriend, changed the model slightly and printed her copy, and made the regular one public - so she has the only TriForce pendant like that, anywhere.

I was considering doing something similar - for example, the first... I don't know... 20 (or whatever) prints of a particular product line are made special or different, just to commemorate the beginning of a new item. Or the 100th print is made different to commemorate the milestone.

Not limited for limited's sake -- limited to commemorate an achievement, milestone, or other such event.