Home » Community » Work in progress » New Cufflink design that, may be impossible... :D
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
New Cufflink design that, may be impossible... :D [message #54420] Sun, 23 September 2012 13:41 UTC Go to next message
avatar Ray716  is currently offline Ray716
Go to my shop
Hey all,

So I've been working on this design for some time, and I've only JUST recently been able to make the changes and updates to it that i've been wanting to make.

Now here is the BIG problem.. I'm not sure it's going to be able to be printed... Each Cufflink has 6 parts (for a total of 12) !!! Ideally I would want this printed in Silver, but I'm not yet sure if it's possible...

So let me know what you think, and before people suggest it, Yes, I've already sent a message to customer service, I'm just waiting for a reply. Very Happy

Thanks for your time,
Ray

index.php?t=getfile&id=20813&private=0

www.RayTomlinDesigns.com
Re: New Cufflink design that, may be impossible... :D [message #54440 is a reply to message #54420 ] Mon, 24 September 2012 12:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Only natural couples are allowed in silver, so I'm sure the answer will be no.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: New Cufflink design that, may be impossible... :D [message #54441 is a reply to message #54440 ] Mon, 24 September 2012 13:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
You're probably right, and that's what I've been thinking... But it's still a brilliant design.. so we shall see what happens. Very Happy If anything, i can put everything into separate files... maybe even have the gears printed in another material. Very Happy

Ray

www.RayTomlinDesigns.com
Re: New Cufflink design that, may be impossible... :D [message #54442 is a reply to message #54420 ] Mon, 24 September 2012 13:29 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
That is what I was thinking as well, they would look good in different finishes of stainless, if they're thick enough.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: New Cufflink design that, may be impossible... :D [message #54457 is a reply to message #54442 ] Mon, 24 September 2012 18:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Not anymore.. when i did the re-design i made them to be sized for silver...but it would be fairly simple to cut and paste the parts i redesigned to be thicker for stainless steel or maybe even the glass, that would be kewl. Very Happy

Ray

www.RayTomlinDesigns.com
Re: New Cufflink design that, may be impossible... :D [message #54481 is a reply to message #54457 ] Tue, 25 September 2012 18:10 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar SGDesigns  is currently offline SGDesigns
Go to my shop
The only way those many pieces can be made al at once and have a pair of each you would need to link them all together then cut them and assemble them if you want it in silver. Kinda sucks because you have a nice looking design but it is possible in taking those additional steps.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Sal G -
My Website
www.sgcustomsilver.com
Facebook Page
www.facebook.com/SGCustomSilver
Re: New Cufflink design that, may be impossible... :D [message #54482 is a reply to message #54457 ] Tue, 25 September 2012 18:13 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar SGDesigns  is currently offline SGDesigns
Go to my shop
One question, why dont you merge all 6 parts to form one part per cufflink or is the whole purpose of this design to have 6 parts per cufflink?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Sal G -
My Website
www.sgcustomsilver.com
Facebook Page
www.facebook.com/SGCustomSilver
Re: New Cufflink design that, may be impossible... :D [message #54484 is a reply to message #54482 ] Tue, 25 September 2012 18:33 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
The whole idea of the design is to have 3 moving gears... the big gear orbits the cufflink base, and the medium and small gears hold it down and are connected to each other. Then the two screws hold down the medium and small gears.

Now i can get rid of the two screws by making prongs to be pushed out... then the three gears could be ordered in glass or stainless or something... But overall it's imperative that the 3 gears stay turn-able.. at leat for this particular design.. Very Happy

Ray

www.RayTomlinDesigns.com

Previous Topic:Knitted Ceramics "Shot Glass"
Next Topic:Can I meme too?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.