Home » Community » General Discussion » how can i open a stl file?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
how can i open a stl file? [message #54302] Thu, 20 September 2012 17:30 UTC Go to next message
avatar Jose_narvaez  is currently offline Jose_narvaez
Go to my shop
i have a question: how can i open a .stl file? i use sketchup from google can i open with this? also autocad but i don´t know how i can open the file. please someone help me i will be so grateful
Re: how can i open a stl file? [message #54304 is a reply to message #54302 ] Thu, 20 September 2012 17:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva is currently online Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
You should be able to import it into autocad. If not you can import it into Blender, Meshlab, or Netfabb. All free programs.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: how can i open a stl file? [message #54312 is a reply to message #54304 ] Thu, 20 September 2012 20:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar denali3ddesign  is currently offline denali3ddesign
Go to my shop
Here's a free Sketchup STL import plugin.

Trouble using SketchUp? Get my book "3D Printing with SketchUp" - http://bit.ly/1jQ4RtV
Re: how can i open a stl file? [message #54362 is a reply to message #54312 ] Fri, 21 September 2012 22:45 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Jose_narvaez  is currently offline Jose_narvaez
Go to my shop
thank you now it works perfectly fine

Previous Topic:Pricing? what am i doing wrong
Next Topic:Any one going to TCT Live 25th-26th? (NEC UK)

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.